Egg Centric
Established Member
I intend with 3 others to go to Appleby Horse Fair on Saturday. We're staying in Bradford Friday night and unsure where we'll be Saturday night, can be quite flexible but it is likely to be the other side of Appleby (as we'll be visiting somewhere in Cockermouth on Sunday). But of course if we take the train we'd need to return to the car anyway.
Would it be advisable (ignoring the general advisability or not of going to the horse fair, of which there are very strong opinions either side) to take the train in, or is driving easier? If taking the train which station would you recommend? I am the only enthusiast and the other three are normies but even they might appreciate Ribblehead viaduct...
Would it be advisable (ignoring the general advisability or not of going to the horse fair, of which there are very strong opinions either side) to take the train in, or is driving easier? If taking the train which station would you recommend? I am the only enthusiast and the other three are normies but even they might appreciate Ribblehead viaduct...