so, no, it’s not valid when you’re 18.
- The 16-17 Saver is valid for one year or until your 18th birthday, whichever comes first and is not available to purchase at stations
2.8 You must carry your valid 16-17 Saver with you on your journey. When asked by rail staff, you must show a valid ticket and valid 16-17 Saver within its period of validity when you travel (either “Season ticket valid until” or “Valid until” date).
2.8.1 If you have a physical 16-17 Saver, it must be signed by you and should be legible, so rail staff can read it, as further detailed in the NRCoT.
2.8.2 If you have a digital 16-17 Saver, you must be able to show it on a mobile device throughout your journey.
Hi, thank you. Yes, I was issued with a penalty fare.@User9876. Welcome to the forum. Doubt your appeal would be successful, on the grounds you have explained, as a 16-17 Saver railcard is normally only ever valid until your 18th birthday, which you've now passed. BTW, did you get issued with a Penalty Fare?
Thank you. So it’s unlikely that this will be penalty will be reduced I’m assuming.If your railcard had expired, no.
If it had not,
so, no, it’s not valid when you’re 18.
Railcards need to be valid when used, not at the time of purchase.
See https://www.16-17saver.co.uk/help/16-17-saver-terms-conditions/
I think you’d be advised to pay at the reduced rate (£50 + fare).Hi, thank you. Yes, I was issued with a penalty fare.
== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==
Thank you. So it’s unlikely that this will be penalty will be reduced I’m assuming.
Thank you, yes I’ll be paying the reduced rate.I think you’d be advised to pay at the reduced rate (£50 + fare).
I can buy a ticket with a 16-17 railcard, but because I’m 63 I can’t use the ticket myself.
If you can post a copy of the Penalty Fare Notice, with your details redacted, we will be able to advise if you have any grounds for appeal.I was issued with a penalty fare.