CurlyWhirly
New Member
I recently boarded a train with a flexi ticket (valid for 7 days where you write the date at the top on the day of use) I I tried to write the date on but it didn't mark it properly. I meant to write over it later on but forgot and so when asked to produce my ticket on the way home as there was no date on it, I was issued a penalty notice.
This is the first time I've been issued one, as I typically buy day return tickets and always record the dates on a flexi tickets on the day I use them however unfortunately on this occasion the pen failed to imprint properly and I did not manage to find a spare pen at home and forgot to update it later on. Is it worth appealing? I'd already bought a ticket so it was never my intention to evade the fare, I just failed to add the date on this occasion.
Thank you for reading and any advice offered
This is the first time I've been issued one, as I typically buy day return tickets and always record the dates on a flexi tickets on the day I use them however unfortunately on this occasion the pen failed to imprint properly and I did not manage to find a spare pen at home and forgot to update it later on. Is it worth appealing? I'd already bought a ticket so it was never my intention to evade the fare, I just failed to add the date on this occasion.
Thank you for reading and any advice offered