• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Anyone starting on 1st November for Thameslink 14/03?

Status
Not open for further replies.

George999

Member
Joined
17 Mar 2017
Messages
101
Location
Kent
Hi all

Just seeing if there’s anyone else starting on the 1st November?

Would be good to see if anyone’s on here that I’ll be training with.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Inamberclad

Member
Joined
23 Mar 2017
Messages
70
Sadly not me, I'm on hold until they start training again in the new year. Hopefully I won't be too far behind though!
 

George999

Member
Joined
17 Mar 2017
Messages
101
Location
Kent
Sadly not me, I'm on hold until they start training again in the new year. Hopefully I won't be too far behind though!

Sorry to hear that mate. Hang in there, I’m sure the time will fly and they’ll contact you soon regarding a start date.
 

PaulO76

Member
Joined
22 Jun 2016
Messages
40
Sadly not me, I'm on hold until they start training again in the new year. Hopefully I won't be too far behind though!
Have you heard if there will there definitely be more courses in the new year for the Kent depots?
 

Inamberclad

Member
Joined
23 Mar 2017
Messages
70
I applied for Thameslink Ashford so I will be based there once the depot has been built. HR said they have met their needs for this year and the next courses will be in 2018.
 

Demonbarber

Member
Joined
27 Jun 2017
Messages
41
I applied for Thameslink Ashford so I will be based there once the depot has been built. HR said they have met their needs for this year and the next courses will be in 2018.

Do they guarantee you a position on one of the courses next year?
 

rwalk365

Member
Joined
31 Mar 2017
Messages
73
Do they guarantee you a position on one of the courses next year?

I’m in the exact same situation as Inamberclad, and they didn’t guarantee anything but said they WOULD be in touch next year once they sort out next years courses/intake. I’d like to think that I’m high up on the list having passed everything, but, from what I can see on here, their plans change a lot, so not holding my breath. Here’s to them to sticking to their plans and giving us all a call!
 

Demonbarber

Member
Joined
27 Jun 2017
Messages
41
I’m in the exact same situation as Inamberclad, and they didn’t guarantee anything but said they WOULD be in touch next year once they sort out next years courses/intake. I’d like to think that I’m high up on the list having passed everything, but, from what I can see on here, their plans change a lot, so not holding my breath. Here’s to them to sticking to their plans and giving us all a call!

How long ago did you pass everything and have you done your medical mate?
 
Last edited:

Inamberclad

Member
Joined
23 Mar 2017
Messages
70
I passed everything back in August I think. I've not had the medical as I was told by HR it's only valid for three months so they wait until they have a start date for you.
 

bILLOO

Member
Joined
6 Jul 2011
Messages
311
I passed everything back in August I think. I've not had the medical as I was told by HR it's only valid for three months so they wait until they have a start date for you.

Three months? Three years, isn’t it?
 

Inamberclad

Member
Joined
23 Mar 2017
Messages
70
Yes I thought it was three years. Maybe they don't want to send people until they have a definite start date but they said it was only valid for three months when I spoke to them on the phone.
 

james123

Member
Joined
7 Jun 2017
Messages
62
As an aside; how long prior to starting did you receive contracts or a written offer etc?
 

George999

Member
Joined
17 Mar 2017
Messages
101
Location
Kent
As an aside; how long prior to starting did you receive contracts or a written offer etc?
I received my contract just over a month before my start date.

I was also told the medical would only be valid for 3 months too.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top