• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Anyone here work at Gilberdyke SB? (Updates on resignalling in the area)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hull D

Member
Joined
11 Nov 2016
Messages
21
Location
Hull
Hi guys.

Do we have anyone on here that is currently working at Brough East, Saltmarshe, or Crabley Creek SB's?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Sacro

Member
Joined
20 Jan 2010
Messages
383
I don't work there but I have contacts that do and know a fair bit about the boxes in question.
 

Hull D

Member
Joined
11 Nov 2016
Messages
21
Location
Hull
Thanks for the reply. I was after an update re the re-signalling in that area. The most recent info I can find is quite old, but states upgrades in 2016. As we're nearly in 2017, I wondered if anyone knew anything more specific?
 

lincolnshire

Member
Joined
12 Jun 2011
Messages
884
Thanks for the reply. I was after an update re the re-signalling in that area. The most recent info I can find is quite old, but states upgrades in 2016. As we're nearly in 2017, I wondered if anyone knew anything more specific?

Rumour was that at one stage that it was going to be Christmas / New Year 2016 / 2017 like Grimsby, Cleethorpes & Immingham areas, was carried out.

Did see somewhere that because of Hull, Year of Culture 2017 that it was been put back so as not to mess up the travel plans of all them visiting Hull.

Think it nicely falls into line with Network Rail able to use the money allocated for the work on other projects like the overrunning electrification schemes and reschedule the work for late 2017/2018 if the money is still there and also they was going to use technology never used before I believe I read somewhere either on here or on another site.

There was a lot of lineside troughing work carried out already in previous years thats if anyone can remember where it is when they want to use it as it will have disappered into the lineside undergrowth and rubbish.
 

gimmea50anyday

Established Member
Joined
8 Jan 2013
Messages
3,456
Location
Back Cab
They aint gonna put themselves forward and admit to being signallers on here... Too many train mangers on here baying for blood for the delays they cause :p

Especially where longlands junction and 1PXX headcodes are mentioned.....

XD :p
 

lincolnshire

Member
Joined
12 Jun 2011
Messages
884
Since the Electrification of the line from Selby to Hull is been put on a slow light , one day it might get electrified but don,t hold you breath but has anyone said anything if the re-signalling has also been put back too?

So any news anyone about the re-signalling then if its to go ahead or is it cancelled too.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top