• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Anyone here Volunteer on the WSR™?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Guinness

Established Member
Joined
13 Jun 2005
Messages
3,736
lol™

In my experience Volunteer on a Preserved Line is quite rewarding and you learn a lot™.
 

Phoenix

Established Member
Joined
11 Mar 2008
Messages
2,019
Location
birmingham
From my own experiences I have learnt that it is a great job to have provided you work with the right people and the right railway but you do learn a hell of alot.
The thing is and I say this from my own personal experience I choose to work at the MRC and sometimes I and other volunteers have thought of changing railways due to the politics of the place being wrong..........
 

AlexS

Established Member
Joined
7 Jun 2005
Messages
2,886
Location
Just outside the Black Country
Never seriously considered changing railways - that's not to say I haven't seriously considered banging the odd prima donna's head against a carriage a few times to induce some clarity based thinking :lol:
 

bunnahabhain

Established Member
Joined
8 Jun 2005
Messages
2,277
Never seriously considered changing railways - that's not to say I haven't seriously considered banging the odd prima donna's head against a carriage a few times to induce some clarity based thinking :lol:
You aren't talking about me are you? Since I'm the prima donna of the guards van.
 

adc82140

Established Member
Joined
10 May 2008
Messages
3,414
I'm thinking of volunteering on the Cholsey & Wallingford Railway. Anyone know anything about them?

Although I have no working knowledge of the railways (other than being a commuter :D), I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty, wield a paintbrush, shovel, broom etc or get my back in to shifting sleepers around, or for that matter do what I'm told by someone with far more experience!!

Do I fit the type of person who normally volunteers?

ADC
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top