• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Any way to see WTT for a specific location?

Status
Not open for further replies.

swaldman

Member
Joined
19 Jan 2013
Messages
461
I live near the Edinburgh Suburban Line, which is not in passenger use but sees a fair bit of traffic. I'm always intruiged, when I hear a train go past, as to what it is and where it's going.

I'm aware that one can view the working timetable for a given train, if one knows it's code. Is there a way to get similar info for a given location, i.e. all of the trains that are schedudled to pass that spot, preferably with links to those trains' timetables? I'm aware that it wouldn't be the exact spot that I'm at, but could be one a mile or two up the track.

Thanks.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Harpers Tate

Established Member
Joined
10 May 2013
Messages
2,053
That's what I'd use - advanced search for the given location, date and time.
 

swaldman

Member
Joined
19 Jan 2013
Messages
461
Ah, so I just need to figure out the name of a location that's unambiguously on that line...

Thanks.
 

Highlandspring

Established Member
Joined
14 Oct 2017
Messages
2,777
Try searching for Niddrie West Jn or Craiglockhart Jn depending on whether you're nearer to the Newcraighall or Slateford end respectively. You'll need to use the advanced option to let you search for these.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top