• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Any way to rescue a chuggy loco?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined
3 Jan 2011
Messages
27
Unfortunately, while I have a few locos that run well, I have a couple that only run in fits and starts when given a little push and at a high speed. I probably haven't shown them the most care and attention in the 5 years or so that i've owned them (bought new and worked fine), as they've been left out on the track for years. Are there any procedures that I (as an amateur) can do to restore them or can I take them to a model shop to have them repaired? Cheers
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

EM2

Established Member
Joined
16 Nov 2008
Messages
7,522
Location
The home of the concrete cow
A pair of tweezers to pick out any fluff that might have got into the motion, a mini vac or soft brush (old make-up brushes are ideal) for any dust.
A proper lubrication will never hurt, use a couple of drops of sewing machine oil or PECO Electrolube.
If you have a loop of track, try and run them in. Run them round the loop at a consistent medium speed for about an hour each way.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top