• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Any way to input a ticket collection reference and view itinerary online?

dub_boi

Member
Joined
11 Sep 2023
Messages
30
Location
Dublin
I recently booked a Sail & Rail ticket from London to Dublin for the end of August.

It's the last part of a journey from Dublin to Berlin and back. As I'm travelling with a dog and thus need a pet-friendly cabin, I needed to make the booking direct with Stena Line by phone. I asked to be booked on the 17:02 from Euston to Holyhead, but the email confirmation simply includes a ticket collection reference and no details of the rail itinerary.

I know I'll get all the details when I print out the ticket, which I could do few days in advance of travel. But being the transport nerd, I'd love to see what coach and seat number I have been allocated before this.

Are there any websites which allow you to input a ticket collection reference and view the itinerary online? I've tried Avanti West Coast and TfW, but can't see any option for this.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Joined
26 Sep 2020
Messages
16,784
Location
UK
The data isn't publicly available, no. It's available to ticket office staff and those working for the retailer that issued the booking, as well as system administrators. Obviously you won't fall into any of those categories so the best you can do is to collect the booking and see what you've been given.

If it's unsatisfactory you can get a new reservation through Avanti's customer services, any ticket office, or via the TPE or Ticketyboo website or app by registering for an account and then going to the 'Make a seat/bike reservation' function under your account. There you can get multiple sets of reservations until you get the seats you want, and then cancel the ones you don't want.
 

Haywain

Veteran Member
Joined
3 Feb 2013
Messages
24,817
I figured there might be privacy reasons why such data is not available publicly.
There's no privacy reasons behind it, it's just that the way you've made the reservation doesn't provide a means of the details being stored any you could access. Had you booked online, the seat reservation would be visible in your online account.
 

Top