• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Any truck drivers here ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

notadriver

Established Member
Joined
1 Oct 2010
Messages
3,737
I'm thinking of getting my C+E (the old Class 1 HGV) license. I have the category D manual entitlement. Does anyone know if I would have to take my Cat C test as well as the C+E? Also as I'm used to driving rigid coaches, is driving an articulated lorry very different ?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

90019

Established Member
Joined
29 May 2008
Messages
6,891
Location
Featherstone, West Yorkshire
I'm thinking of getting my C+E (the old Class 1 HGV) license. I have the category D manual entitlement. Does anyone know if I would have to take my Cat C test as well as the C+E? Also as I'm used to driving rigid coaches, is driving an articulated lorry very different ?

You have to do the Cat C first, then the C+E.
 

TOCDriver

Member
Joined
24 Jan 2013
Messages
609
Also as I'm used to driving rigid coaches, is driving an articulated lorry very different ?

Just a bit, especially the reversing! That takes quite a bit of getting used to. But you must have Class Two (CAT C) first. Once you have done that you can follow through to Class One (CAT CE) - most courses will give you the full monty and take you through from first medical to final test and pass (hopefully)
 
Last edited:

GearJammer

Member
Joined
12 Nov 2009
Messages
897
Location
On the Southern
And don't forget the wonderfully entertaining and hugely informative driver CPC that you have to do before you can even think about taking any HGV test.

(p.s..... i lied about it being entertaining and informative.... its a load of boring old sleep enducing bo**ocks).
 

TOCDriver

Member
Joined
24 Jan 2013
Messages
609
And don't forget the wonderfully entertaining and hugely informative driver CPC that you have to do before you can even think about taking any HGV test.

(p.s..... i lied about it being entertaining and informative.... its a load of boring old sleep enducing bo**ocks).

true but there are certain situations when you don't need the stupid thing. But notadriver will probably already have it if he's driving coaches already.
 

notadriver

Established Member
Joined
1 Oct 2010
Messages
3,737
Yep I got my Cat D before 1997 so apparently don't need modules 2 and 4 (not even sure what they are).
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top