• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Any Suggestions: Copenhagen to Malmo Across "The Bridge"

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterY

Established Member
Joined
2 Apr 2013
Messages
1,363
I'll be on a cruise late April that calls at Copenhagen for the day. Is it doable, to plan a trip for myself that goes across the Bridge?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Gloster

Veteran Member
Joined
4 Sep 2020
Messages
13,044
Location
Up the creek
It is less than an hour across the bridge from København H. to Malmö C. and only an hour or so up the coast to Helsingborg, then a half-hour or so ferry trip across to Helsingør in Denmark and an hour back to København H. All services are pretty frequent. There are one or two side-trips possible.
 

alholmes

Member
Joined
4 Jun 2012
Messages
477
Location
London E3
I’ve stayed in Copenhagen a few times and been across to Malmo a couple of times. I’m probably doing it a complete disservice, but I’ve not been impressed with Malmo… after walking around for about 30 minutes I’ve headed back to the station to return to Copenhagen.

The Helsingborg / Helsingor trip was good fun, but if you’re on a cruise anyway then the last thing you’ll want to do is go for a ride on a ferry!
 

StephenHunter

Established Member
Joined
22 Jul 2017
Messages
2,947
Location
London
Just be aware that the train runs below the roadway on that bridge, so you won't get the full view.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top