• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Any Scalextric fans amongst our number?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EM2

Established Member
Joined
16 Nov 2008
Messages
7,522
Location
The home of the concrete cow
I've been given some cash as an early Christmas pressie from my Mum, and I fancy treating myself to a Scalextric set.
But things have moved on a bit since I was a kid, and it's all a bit confusing!
Classic? Sport? Micro?
Analogue? Digital? ARC?
Anyone know their stuff when it comes to slot car racing?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Johnuk123

Established Member
Joined
19 Mar 2012
Messages
2,800
Didn't know they still made it, I had one briefly when I was about 10 but soon gave it up when I got a Triang Hornby freightmaster trainset for Christmas.
 

thedbdiboy

Established Member
Joined
10 Sep 2011
Messages
1,210
Don't bother with micro, that's more a novelty. Digital is great fun if you can afford it, most cars are easily upgradeable. The modern track is 'sport' track, it can be joined to the older 'classic' track with a converter piece.
 

507021

Established Member
Joined
19 Feb 2015
Messages
4,759
Location
Chester
I've had a couple of Scalextric sets in the past, they were great fun. I had to get rid of my first one because the cars kept playing up, but I kept the cars for display and sold the rest of it. I've still got the cars somewhere, I'll see if I can find them out after Christmas.

I sold the second one as well (with the cars this time, they still worked!), that was down to lack of space to keep it set up all the time, and it got annoying having to assemble then disassemble it every time I wanted to use it.
 

Clip

Established Member
Joined
28 Jun 2010
Messages
10,821
Id love to have a scalextric again however mrs Clip has puther foot firmly down on me not having one :(
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top