• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Any Rail enforcement Officers on here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshuan542

Member
Joined
20 Feb 2019
Messages
118
Hi guys, I need some help is anyone an REO or was an REO that can possibly shed some light?

Thank you
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bonneville91

Member
Joined
29 May 2018
Messages
63
Hi guys, I need some help is anyone an REO or was an REO that can possibly shed some light?

Thank you
Brother in law is currently an REO, has been fairly recent to join (within the last year). I can fire him some questions of you like?
 

joshuan542

Member
Joined
20 Feb 2019
Messages
118
Brother in law is currently an REO, has been fairly recent to join (within the last year). I can fire him some questions of you like?

You're a hero thank you so much, I just wanted to know a little regarding the assessment, and how to best do it perhaps? I have it coming up in a couple of weeks :) Thank you to you and your brother
 

Bonneville91

Member
Joined
29 May 2018
Messages
63
I'll ask him later on, so it's just ehat to expect in the assessments and any pointers to help?
 

Stigy

Established Member
Joined
6 Nov 2009
Messages
4,969
I am in a very similar role to that for another TOC if you wanted to know anything job specific. I’ve worked closely with REOs too.
 

joshuan542

Member
Joined
20 Feb 2019
Messages
118
I am in a very similar role to that for another TOC if you wanted to know anything job specific. I’ve worked closely with REOs too.
Yes please, I have the assessment coming up so any pointers or help would be amazing and any sort of insight into how to be successful on the most part.
 

Stigy

Established Member
Joined
6 Nov 2009
Messages
4,969
Yes please, I have the assessment coming up so any pointers or help would be amazing and any sort of insight into how to be successful on the most part.
The assesment will more than likely be standard TOC assesments they use for customer service jobs.

Regarding the interview, it’ll be competency based so will more than likely ask for times when you’ve done certain things. I’m not sure what your background is, but try and use work-based examples and make sure they’re specific and not just what you would do in certain situations.

The job specifics will be clear in the job description you’ll no doubt have read before you applied, but for extra brownie points, if asked what you think the job entails, enphasise on reducing staff assaults and Trespass incidents if you can, as these are a big priority across the industry. Use things like partnership working with BTP and other stakeholders such as Network Rail and local authorities etc.
 

Bonneville91

Member
Joined
29 May 2018
Messages
63
I know that in the assessment there is a role play and it varies what type you get. I'll be speaking with him later and get as much info as possible that could be useful. Which TOC is it got as hes with Southern
 

joshuan542

Member
Joined
20 Feb 2019
Messages
118
I know that in the assessment there is a role play and it varies what type you get. I'll be speaking with him later and get as much info as possible that could be useful. Which TOC is it got as hes with Southern

Thank you, did you manage to find out any info? :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top