• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Any plans for the Shed at Leicester?

Status
Not open for further replies.

londonmidland

Established Member
Joined
22 Dec 2009
Messages
2,377
Location
Leicester
Does anyone have any information regarding the Shed at Leicester? There have been a few rumours that East Midlands Trains/Cross Country will stable a couple of there trains there but it is looking highly unlikely. And I don't think EWS will sell it to Freightliner :roll:, any information/opinions are welcome.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

mallard

Established Member
Joined
12 Apr 2009
Messages
1,304
XC often have a 170 stabled in the sidings at Leicester station and there is an evening EMT service from Sheffield that terminates at Leicester (which I assume runs back ECS to Derby). I've also often seen freights in the sidings there.

EMT's Sprinters all go to Nottingham overnight I believe.

I suppose there could be scope for a few more southbound services to terminate at Leicester in the evenings and use stabling at the old depot, but I can't really see any major changes, considering the facilities available nearby at Derby and Nottingham.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top