• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Any permitted route bus replacement query

Status
Not open for further replies.

mistuk

Member
Joined
11 Feb 2024
Messages
21
Location
Amesbury
I’m looking at travelling Salisbury to Newport next Thursday, returning on Sunday with my daughter who is a wheelchair user.

The outbound is fine, but the return has a bus replacement from Warminster.

If I buy an anytime return Salisbury to Newport, would I be able to route via Reading, Basingstoke on the return - as this is not impacted by the engineering works and is rail all the way

Thanks
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Haywain

Veteran Member
Joined
3 Feb 2013
Messages
24,840
I’m looking at travelling Salisbury to Newport next Thursday, returning on Sunday with my daughter who is a wheelchair user.

The outbound is fine, but the return has a bus replacement from Warminster.

If I buy an anytime return Salisbury to Newport, would I be able to route via Reading, Basingstoke on the return - as this is not impacted by the engineering works and is rail all the way

Thanks
You would need to ask the train operator, presumably Great Western Railway. They are legally required to provide accessible transport, including the rail replacement services.
 

paul1609

Established Member
Joined
28 Jan 2006
Messages
7,992
Location
K
You would need to ask the train operator, presumably Great Western Railway. They are legally required to provide accessible transport, including the rail replacement services.
I second asking GWR, if they are going to arrange an accesible taxi for you from Warminster to Salisbury its probably better going that way than changing at Reading and Basingstoke.
 

mistuk

Member
Joined
11 Feb 2024
Messages
21
Location
Amesbury
Thanks everyone for your replies. GWR have assured me that the busses are wheelchair accessible
 

Kieran_MF135

Member
Joined
18 Jan 2024
Messages
62
Location
Kent
Map SN only at https://rgpp.iblocks.co.uk/maps does not allow this route, unless there is an “easement” at https://iblocks-rg-publication.s3.eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/easement_text.pdf
I’m looking at travelling Salisbury to Newport next Thursday, returning on Sunday with my daughter who is a wheelchair user.

The outbound is fine, but the return has a bus replacement from Warminster.

If I buy an anytime return Salisbury to Newport, would I be able to route via Reading, Basingstoke on the return - as this is not impacted by the engineering works and is rail all the way

Thanks
ask gwr when if pre book Passenger Assistance Booking and see what route they give you if your able to avoid it

they legally required to provide alternative accessible transport from either replacement bus , taxi , diffrent route. this also applies when there station is not step free either.



Information on how, when and why you should use the National Routeing Guide.

"DISABLED TRAVELLERS Train Operating Companies may make special arrangements for disabled customers and an accompanying passenger via the Disabled Persons Reporting System (DPRS). Provided these arrangements are made in accordance with the procedures laid down in the Manual, they will override the requirements of the Routeing Guide. All staff involved in revenue protection duties will be advised, on each individual occasion, of customers who are exempted under these arrangements."
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top