• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Any Good Video Resources/Guides On Electro-Mechanical/Electronic Interlocking Process, From A Control Room Standpoint?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrederiaJ

New Member
Joined
11 Jul 2022
Messages
2
Location
Somewhere in SEA
Hello, I hope this is an appropriate place to post this sort of thread! I'm a graduate rail engineer student from a country in Southeast Asia, and I'd really like to know if there are any visual (particularly video) guides on how interlocking actually works, particularly from the control room. I've read and learned a bunch of the theoretical stuff from the classroom, but for some reason we weren't given much hands-on or visual guides on how to actually work this stuff haha, so I'm still effectively clueless. It kinda stinks, as I'd really love to know and see more.

My search on the YouTubes yields some results, although a lot of the videos are kinda sparse and low-quality (though those are better than nothing I suppose!). What I was hoping for was like a really well-made instructional video on how to operate the VDUs and equipment (like how to properly set the entry-exit points and locking the route and stuff haha), although I guess that's asking for too much? I don't suppose something like that would be made available to the consumer public either lol (I'd probably have to intern at a railway/signaling company here or something to learn that hands-on...)

But anyways, if anyone has any pointers for me, I'd really appreciate it! Thank you all in advance, cheers!
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Fragezeichnen

Member
Joined
14 Jun 2021
Messages
437
Location
Somewhere
Detailed official information on the operation of real equipment is unlikely to be made available to the general public, for security reasons.

Your best bet would be to try it for yourself using simulation software.

These are highly accurate simulations of VDU-based interlocking: https://www.simsig.co.uk/

These are for mechanical signalboxes: https://blockpostsoftware.co.uk/

These simulations are more simplistic operationally, but will display the physical state of the mechanical locking bars: https://svrsig.co.uk/software/SigBox.htm
 

FrederiaJ

New Member
Joined
11 Jul 2022
Messages
2
Location
Somewhere in SEA
Detailed official information on the operation of real equipment is unlikely to be made available to the general public, for security reasons.

Your best bet would be to try it for yourself using simulation software.

These are highly accurate simulations of VDU-based interlocking: https://www.simsig.co.uk/

These are for mechanical signalboxes: https://blockpostsoftware.co.uk/

These simulations are more simplistic operationally, but will display the physical state of the mechanical locking bars: https://svrsig.co.uk/software/SigBox.htm
Yeah, I figured as much haha. Oh these are great, I never actually thought of looking at simulationware. Thanks a lot! I'm familiar with SimSig, and I think I'll tinker with it more. I'll also check out those other ones, also interested in the signalbox one.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top