Hello and good evening all, I'm currently serving in the armed forces and have now got my heart set on a career change within the Rail industry as a Train Driver.
I'm after information reference anyone that has made the move across as well as anything that could aid me getting my first step on the ladder.
I've been lurking and taking in what info I can, and it's clear already that this is not a walk in to type of job.
In order for me to leave, I have to give 1 years notice, so would anyone recommend applying for positions now given the lengthy selection process and is there any way of getting in to a talent pool given my situation of being employed with notice to serve.
My thankfulness in advance to any advise given.
I'm after information reference anyone that has made the move across as well as anything that could aid me getting my first step on the ladder.
I've been lurking and taking in what info I can, and it's clear already that this is not a walk in to type of job.
In order for me to leave, I have to give 1 years notice, so would anyone recommend applying for positions now given the lengthy selection process and is there any way of getting in to a talent pool given my situation of being employed with notice to serve.
My thankfulness in advance to any advise given.
Last edited: