• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

any details on this freightliner working?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

gregh

Member
Joined
23 Dec 2009
Messages
30
Location
Cardiff
I was on this working last Saturday morning, the 6th of March. It went to NAW as 6Z20, loaded, and then went to Crewe Basford Hall as 6Z21. I'm not sure what the stone is being used for. Basford Hall as a destination suggests an engineering job, but the stone we haul out of NAW is too fine to be used as ballast. Perhaps someone else can shed some light on where it's ultimately going and what it's being used for?
 

Rugd1022

Member
Joined
19 Feb 2010
Messages
565
Location
Rugby
I worked this job a few weeks back although the routing was slightly different..... It came up via Hereford and Shrewsbury where a Crewe man relieved it, he brought it to Wolverhampton and I took it from there to Croft Sidings on the Nuneaton - Leicester line, it's original destination should have been Bardon Hill on the Leicester - Burton branch but they couldn't accept it. Not sure what the stone is actually used for though.

Nidge
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top