Venaranglia
New Member
Hello all, I recently got stopped by an inspector for having the wrong ticket which I did (it was booked for a previous station to the one I typically get off at) and gave them my details as requested (was this a mistake?) and after a long wait I finally received the letter (which arrived the day they said was the final day originally, but i’ve managed to hold it at bay while i discuss via email) now they’ve gone through the connected email to my trainline account and found different trips to different stations - some of which were mistakes (e.g. Southend to Rochford instead of Southend to Rayleigh)
The issue i’m having is, I was expecting to pay a fine of 50 which, my mistake, i’ll happily pay. But because my travels differ based on if i’m at work/education (or just out for the day) they’re expecting a total payment of ~£420 (250+175 investigation fee) Is there any way to get the fine reduced? I have no way of really proving I was at X location on a day because none of the places I travel to require me to “clock in”.
Most trips were to Rayleigh from either Southend/ Stratford/Liverpool Street based on where I was, with a variation of singles, returns or smart card weeklies. I also had no railcard at the time. Thank you all!
The issue i’m having is, I was expecting to pay a fine of 50 which, my mistake, i’ll happily pay. But because my travels differ based on if i’m at work/education (or just out for the day) they’re expecting a total payment of ~£420 (250+175 investigation fee) Is there any way to get the fine reduced? I have no way of really proving I was at X location on a day because none of the places I travel to require me to “clock in”.
Most trips were to Rayleigh from either Southend/ Stratford/Liverpool Street based on where I was, with a variation of singles, returns or smart card weeklies. I also had no railcard at the time. Thank you all!