I've got about 3-4 months this summer where I'm not doing anything else and I was thinking whether I could fill it with visiting all the stations. I would be looking to visit them according to the same rules as the 'All The Stations' YouTube/Kickstarter project -i.e. only National Rail stations with at least 1 service a week, must start, stop or call at (or pass through as a request stop) each station.
The twist to this would be that I would be trying to set a 'record' as to how fast this is done. I'm aware that there are some stations that might be particularly difficult to fulfil, such as Denton, Reddish South and so on, but I think I would only exclude the ones like Norton Bridge and Manchester FC that are genuinely closed or have no regular scheduled service.
What kind of length of time could I expect for this to take? I note that 'All The Stations' managed it in just over 3 months but they say they weren't in any rush. And would there be no cheaper way than getting 14 day ALRs? If so, I would have to give up, as I'm not in a position to be paying £1000s just for the travel alone. Maybe an Interrail pass - I don't think I would struggle to get around their 'residency'/citizenship requirements to get a cheap monthly pass.
The twist to this would be that I would be trying to set a 'record' as to how fast this is done. I'm aware that there are some stations that might be particularly difficult to fulfil, such as Denton, Reddish South and so on, but I think I would only exclude the ones like Norton Bridge and Manchester FC that are genuinely closed or have no regular scheduled service.
What kind of length of time could I expect for this to take? I note that 'All The Stations' managed it in just over 3 months but they say they weren't in any rush. And would there be no cheaper way than getting 14 day ALRs? If so, I would have to give up, as I'm not in a position to be paying £1000s just for the travel alone. Maybe an Interrail pass - I don't think I would struggle to get around their 'residency'/citizenship requirements to get a cheap monthly pass.
