Merseyrailfan
Member
Will they use loco-hauled stock to cover the gaps that the 150s/153 can’t do?
Wishful thinking... The loco-hauled stock cannot cover for a lot of services because of the limited number of depots that sign it. Meanwhile just about everywhere signs 150s and 153s (for now... had this happened a few months hence, it could have been much more of a disaster).Will they use loco-hauled stock to cover the gaps that the 150s/153 can’t do?
150 and 153, is really not a great long distance train. They have 67s surely some depots have drivers who can do it?Wishful thinking... The loco-hauled stock cannot cover for a lot of services because of the limited number of depots that sign it. Meanwhile just about everywhere signs 150s and 153s (for now... had this happened a few months hence, it could have been much more of a disaster).
If a pair of 153s drops for a Manchester, I might have to go to Crewe and see if they make Wilmslow without a fire. Superior traction.About 40 Cancelations and 40 Part Cancellations showing on TfW journey check for tomorrow.
From what I can make out:
Treherbert - Cardiff reduced to hourly
Fishguard and Milford Haven to Carmarthen cancelled
Shrewsbury - Birmingham will start/finish Wolverhampton
Shrewsbury - Aberystwyth some services cancelled
Not enough 67 sets available. If they can cover the 3 diagrams they need to then that's good enough. If they can get one on the diagram starting 0454 Crewe Cardiff then I'm sure they will.150 and 153, is really not a great long distance train. They have 67s surely some depots have drivers who can do it?
I know it not going to happen sadly, but bring back 37s.Not enough 67 sets available. If they can cover the 3 diagrams they need to then that's good enough. If they can get one on the diagram starting 0454 Crewe Cardiff then I'm sure they will.
If they loan trains I feel it could be loco stock. Not many DMUs are spare.Good to see that investigations are being carried out on this batch as this is too frequent recently.
To cover the routes besides trains available at TFW could some be loaned from other operators that are currently spare?
Struggling to get the 3 covered this week. Availability has been pretty dismal this week. One set Will be on it's absolute maximum allowances by the weekend and others are in for maintenance so very little hope this week.Not enough 67 sets available. If they can cover the 3 diagrams they need to then that's good enough. If they can get one on the diagram starting 0454 Crewe Cardiff then I'm sure they will.
Would have had at least one today if the crew had signed the Styal diversion, as it was we terminated at Crewe and had to take the Northern stopper to Manchester.If a pair of 153s drops for a Manchester, I might have to go to Crewe and see if they make Wilmslow without a fire. Superior traction.
The only alternative options are the Northern stopper which takes nearly twice as long as the TfW service, and the Avanti service which is hourly and runs in (roughly) the opposite half half but whose last southbound service is at 19:55.I am surprised they havent already cancelled all the Manchester at Crewe given that there are plenty of other options on the route.
Fair point, but it would save 1 unit not going to Manchester and these days you have to be at Piccadilly at 10 past anyway so taking the 06 Northern is no real hardship. Being able to arrive and depart from Crewe without impacting the WCML would presumably be a benefit as well.The only alternative options are the Northern stopper which takes nearly twice as long as the TfW service, and the Avanti service which is hourly and runs in (roughly) the opposite half half but whose last southbound service is at 19:55.
So some alternatives, but it's not like as if you're talking about Manchester Airport or Stockport to Piccadilly, where there are multiple other trains each hour.
Seems some 175s which have already had their engine bays cleaned and inspected will be out in service.
The rest of the 175 fleet won't be out till its done
I think I saw on Facebook somewhere (can't remember where so can't provide link) that someone said this was the cause of 007s fire.Interesting, if they have had engine bays cleaned, could this hint at a build up of dirt and debris being a contributing factor?
Just thinking out loud here...
Is there an investigation ongoing? All I think is happening is the fitters at the depots are thoroughly checking for faults and cleaning them out thoroughly.I emailed RAIB about this in 2017. Their reponse at that time did not fill me with confidence. Do the investigations at the moment mean that somebody is going to do something?
not another one