• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Angelsey Central Railway - North Wales

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welshguy1048

Established Member
Joined
6 Apr 2023
Messages
2,351
Location
North Wales
Does anyone know the current situation with the possible reopening of this line?

I have seen on a number of news websites from a couple of years ago - that a group was formed to try and potentially reopen it..... not sure in what way though.

I think a bid for funding was made.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Llandudno

Established Member
Joined
25 Dec 2014
Messages
2,753
Location
Matlock
Does anyone know the current situation with the possible reopening of this line?

I have seen on a number of news websites from a couple of years ago - that a group was formed to try and potentially reopen it..... not sure in what way though.

I think a bid for funding was made.
TfW can’t even operate the current network reliably
Bidston-Wrexham
Chester-Runcorn-Liverpool

No chance of reopening Amlwch
 

CardiffKid

Member
Joined
13 Feb 2011
Messages
1,081
Location
Cardiff
Does anyone know the current situation with the possible reopening of this line?

I have seen on a number of news websites from a couple of years ago - that a group was formed to try and potentially reopen it..... not sure in what way though.

I think a bid for funding was made.

No progress/update on reopening.

It will officially be a UK Govt/Network Rail project, although the Welsh Govt might chip in towards it.

Honestly can’t see it being a priority for either right now if I’m honest.
 

zwk500

Veteran Member
Joined
20 Jan 2020
Messages
18,639
Location
Northampton
Does anyone know the current situation with the possible reopening of this line?

I have seen on a number of news websites from a couple of years ago - that a group was formed to try and potentially reopen it..... not sure in what way though.

I think a bid for funding was made.
If it's the Amlwch line, it's listed in the June 2022 update on Restoring Your Railway as 'developing to SOBC' https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/restoring-your-railway-fund-programme-update
10 | Reopen the Gaerwen – Amlwch line, Anglesey to passenger services | Wales | Ideas Fund 3

'Developing to SOBC' is basically shorthand for 'never going to make a case but politically useful to string along for a bit'. Apologies if I'm overly cynical.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top