• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Am I entitled to an Oyster Refund?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tibbs

Member
Joined
22 Aug 2012
Messages
894
Location
London
I was travelling home on Sunday from Clapham Junction to Watford High Street.

As the Overground wasn't working, with a bus replacement service in force, I got the Southern Service to Watford Junction. I there had to touch out, which cost me £1.50 in order to get the replacement bus to High Street Station.

Given that I could normally do that trip (and even that route) wholly within my season ticket (1-8 annual) am I entitled to a refund of my £1.50?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Be3G

Established Member
Joined
14 Sep 2012
Messages
1,599
Location
Chingford
Most definitely; Oyster support will refund higher journey charges from the use of a more expensive route than desired due to engineering works. Give it another 24 hours, ring them up, explain the situation and they should be able to process a refund for you.
 

Tibbs

Member
Joined
22 Aug 2012
Messages
894
Location
London
Thanks for that, I'll give them a call tomorrow.

Interestingly, I could only find a pink reader near Platform 1 of Clapham Junction, yet it let me touch in there and charged me the right amoung for the journey.
 

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
4 Feb 2010
Messages
24,465
I believe pink readers can be used to start journeys if no previous "touch-in" was detected.
 

34D

Established Member
Joined
9 Feb 2011
Messages
6,047
Location
Yorkshire
I believe pink readers can be used to start journeys if no previous "touch-in" was detected.

Indeed, but I seem to recall MikeWh advised against risking this for some reason
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top