• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Am I entitled to a refund or delay repay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

glasgowlondon

New Member
Joined
11 Feb 2026
Messages
1
Location
Glasgow
Struggling to find a correct answer on this so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I had an advance ticket booked for the 08:28 Luton Airport Parkway to St Pancras this morning. The ticket included the DART and then the EMR service from Luton Airport Parkway.

When I got off the DART I realised there was significant disruption due to an issue with the overhead power. There’s only an EMR service every 30 minutes and the next two services were also cancelled so figured I’d just take a slower Thameslink service. I had a quick check online and didn’t see any ticket acceptance so bought a new anytime single ticket from Luton airport parkway to St Pancras.

I went back to the retailer to ask for a refund on my advance EMR ticket but was told I was not entitled to a refund because I had began my journey already (the DART segment). I then questioned about NRCoT 30.1 in regard to abandoning my journey and was told this did not apply as I did not return to my origin within was Luton Airport (as my new ticket was from Parkway).

I would in theory be entitled to 100% delay repay on the EMR ticket but I don’t think I’m technically allowed to claim it as I didn’t take the journey.

Is there any part of the NRCoT I’m missing?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

tatitiliti

Member
Joined
29 Mar 2025
Messages
236
Location
Newark
Struggling to find a correct answer on this so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I had an advance ticket booked for the 08:28 Luton Airport Parkway to St Pancras this morning. The ticket included the DART and then the EMR service from Luton Airport Parkway.

When I got off the DART I realised there was significant disruption due to an issue with the overhead power. There’s only an EMR service every 30 minutes and the next two services were also cancelled so figured I’d just take a slower Thameslink service. I had a quick check online and didn’t see any ticket acceptance so bought a new anytime single ticket from Luton airport parkway to St Pancras.

I went back to the retailer to ask for a refund on my advance EMR ticket but was told I was not entitled to a refund because I had began my journey already (the DART segment). I then questioned about NRCoT 30.1 in regard to abandoning my journey and was told this did not apply as I did not return to my origin within was Luton Airport (as my new ticket was from Parkway).

I would in theory be entitled to 100% delay repay on the EMR ticket but I don’t think I’m technically allowed to claim it as I didn’t take the journey.

Is there any part of the NRCoT I’m missing?
For the EMR advance single, claim delay repay as, for the purposes of that ticket, you were in fact delayed by over 1 hour.

You could escalate to EMR customer services or try a different EMR ticket office given you chose not to travel on the national rail portion of that advance single on the basis of abandoned journey due to service disruption under your rights under NRCoT (as DART isn’t an NR service itself), but this may take many rounds and probably isn’t worth your bother even though it’s correct.

You may (technically) have to swallow the anytime single cost yourself as, if there was no ticket acceptance formally in place, EMR would expect you to travel on a later service operated by them.
 
Last edited:

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
Quizmaster
Joined
21 Jan 2010
Messages
5,567
I had a quick check online and didn’t see any ticket acceptance so bought a new anytime single ticket from Luton airport parkway to St Pancras.

Ticket acceptance was in place and was communicated in the disruption messaging. Where were you looking?
 

tatitiliti

Member
Joined
29 Mar 2025
Messages
236
Location
Newark
Ticket acceptance was in place and was communicated in the disruption messaging. Where were you looking?
In that case, OP should claim delay repay from EMR on the advance single based on the delay to arrival of the Thameslink service versus the booked EMR service, and a refund with no admin fee on the anytime single on the basis of abandoned journey due to service disruption given it was unused as ticket acceptance was in fact in place for the advance single.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top