• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Altrincham to Hale... via Stockport?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gnolife

Established Member
Joined
4 Nov 2010
Messages
2,047
Location
Johnstone
Good afternoon all.

I've just had a look on BRfares for the cost of a Altrincham to Hale ticket, and found that they are all routed via Stockport. Does the route restriction take priority, and I have to travel via Stockport, or does the rule prohibiting doubling back take priority, and I have to travel on a direct service between the two, or do I have to consider both, and travel via Chester?

I admit that the first and epecially the third possibility are decidedly unlikely, but I thought I'd ask anyway.
 

Attachments

  • Alty Hale.jpg
    Alty Hale.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 24
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
6 Jun 2005
Messages
78,507
Location
Yorkshire
Does the route restriction take priority, and I have to travel via Stockport
You are permitted to travel via Stockport.

The direct route is, however, a protected route and covered by through trains, so they cannot force you to travel via Stockport.
or does the rule prohibiting doubling back take priority
There are no mapped routes between Altrincham & Hale, so none of the rules regarding determining mapped routes apply.

and I have to travel on a direct service between the two
You are permitted to travel on a through train between Hale & Altrincham

or do I have to consider both, and travel via Chester?
via Chester wouldn't be permitted. See 3.6 Tickets routed via stations that are not on a permitted route
 

brompton rail

Member
Joined
28 Oct 2009
Messages
754
Location
Doncaster
I don't understand! Why would you travel via Stockport to go from Altrincham to Hale. It is the next stop and three minutes away.
 

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
6 Jun 2005
Messages
78,507
Location
Yorkshire
I don't understand! Why would you travel via Stockport to go from Altrincham to Hale. It is the next stop and three minutes away.
It's a mistake. It allows cheap travel to/from Stockport until it's fixed though, which probably won't be long now the anomaly has been exposed.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top