In terms of alternative acronyms for the CEPs, they could have gone for SEP or SEB (South Eastern EPB), KEP or KEB (Kent EPB), SEC (South Eastern & Chatham unit), or KEC (Kent Coast unit), again substituting a B for the first letter for the buffet units.
The original Isle of Wight units, which were formed of rebuilt Standard Tube Stock and ran on the island from 1967 until about 1989/90 (Classes 485 and 486 as I recall) were known as 5-VEC and 3-TIS, which put together spell Vectis, the Roman name for the Isle of Wight.
But AFAIK the recently retired Class 483s were never given a three-letter designation. The only obvious ones that I can think of are 2-TUB (to denote Tube stock) or 2-NOR (because they had latterly run on the Northern Line before going to the IoW). Or possibly 2-BAK because some of them ran on the Bakerloo Line until about the mid-1980s.
As for the 484s that are due to enter service on the Island Line in April, I would say 2-DIS because they are ex-District Line.