• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Alternative routing query

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leogilbert007

Member
Joined
1 Nov 2024
Messages
162
Location
Born under the Brixton sun
Hi,
I hold an advance single for the 07:27 Hull Trains service on 08/03. It’s a while away but Trainsplit have emailed me saying it’s cancelled. RTT confirms this and informs me that there are no other Hull Trains services on that day. I hold another advance for the 09:19 Northern from Doncaster so would need to be in Doncaster for 09:15. I have some questions regarding my entitlement to use alternative services.
Firstly, if there are no other HT services on that day, what services can I take?
I see a 07:30 LNER service that would work, giving me a non-MCT-compliant, but workable, connection time. Can I take that and show the email and a screenshot of RTT during any ticket checks?
Also should I attempt to buy a ticket for the 07:30 LNER and claim a refund later, or is my original advance valid on other trains to Doncaster?

(asking here as I don’t have X/twitter)
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sonic2009

Established Member
Joined
19 Jan 2010
Messages
5,048
Location
Crewe
Hull Trains state the following on their website :

Ticket holders with ‘Hull Trains Only’ tickets for the affected services can travel on any other Hull Trains service on the same date or the day either side of the affected date using existing tickets without having to change them.If the alternative services are not suitable you can obtain a full refund from your ticket retailer.
This should allow you to get a refund of your advance with Trainsplit for Hull Trains and obtain a new ticket for LNER services.
 

infobleep

On Moderation
Joined
27 Feb 2011
Messages
13,453
Hull Trains state the following on their website :


This should allow you to get a refund of your advance with Trainsplit for Hull Trains and obtain a new ticket for LNER services.
I thought under prassemger obligation rights, if you are goi g to be delayed more than one hour, other train operators had to carry you. Both Advances would count as a through journey, as long as you allowed the minimum connection time at Doncaster.

Obviously, this wouldn't allow the OP to get the 07:30 service but might be cheaper.
 

plugwash

Established Member
Joined
29 May 2015
Messages
1,996
I thought under prassemger obligation rights, if you are goi g to be delayed more than one hour, other train operators had to carry you.
As I understand it.

Under the NRCOT if you would otherwise be stranded overnight, then any rail operator in a position to do so is required to assist, but no particular timescales are given for such assistance. If sticking to the route-restrictions on your ticket you would be delayed for many hours but not overnight then too-bad so-sad as far as the NRCOT is concerned.

Under the PRO if you would otherwise be delayed by more than an hour then the operator you were travelling with has an obligation to re-route you BUT, the PRO doesn't place any obligation on operators who were not involved in your journey.

Unfortunately the UK rail industry has utterly failed to implement the PRO, so you will often have to pay under duress and complain later in the hope of a refund.
 

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Joined
26 Sep 2020
Messages
16,793
Location
UK
Hull Trains state the following on their website :


This should allow you to get a refund of your advance with Trainsplit for Hull Trains and obtain a new ticket for LNER services.
Of course they choose to omit any mention the third option, which is to travel on other operators' services under NRCoT 28.2, as you would otherwise be stranded. Funny, that...
 

Leogilbert007

Member
Joined
1 Nov 2024
Messages
162
Location
Born under the Brixton sun
Thanks all, I have booked an(other) advance for the 07:30 LNER.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Of course they choose to omit any mention the third option, which is to travel on other operators' services under NRCoT 28.2, as you would otherwise be stranded. Funny, that...
One indeed wonders why they didn’t mention this…
I didn’t even know this was a thing, I thought I had to book a new ticket for LNER. Things like this are why I love this forum.
 

infobleep

On Moderation
Joined
27 Feb 2011
Messages
13,453
Thanks all, I have booked an(other) advance for the 07:30 LNER.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==


One indeed wonders why they didn’t mention this…
I didn’t even know this was a thing, I thought I had to book a new ticket for LNER. Things like this are why I love this forum.
I wonder if you can claim from Hull Trains for the new ticket, given they failed to mention what you can do. Only worth doing if rhe ticket was more expensive.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top