• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Alstom derby great gathering 1st-3rd August 2025

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Rail Quest

Member
Joined
8 Apr 2023
Messages
764
Location
Warrington
I've joined this late and now I'm stuck in a 90 minute queue. Nice work Alstom/Morton!
 
Last edited:

Tallguy

Member
Joined
3 Mar 2011
Messages
405
Total shambles, I got to pay and the site died on me. Useless. Morton’s can’t handle this type of volumeevent ticketing. Should have used a real ticket reseller.
 

birchesgreen

Established Member
Joined
18 Aug 2015
Messages
7,688
Location
Solihull
Given up, i've been trying since 9am, twice got through to pay and failed, but now i am in a queue for over an hour again.

Good luck folks, i'll try again another time...
 

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Joined
8 Apr 2010
Messages
17,855
Location
Oakham
How many on here are already drafting e-mails to their solicitor about Mortons...?
 
Last edited:

Travelmonkey

Member
Joined
16 Aug 2023
Messages
773
Location
The Midlands
I have more faith in my stuffed toy monkey than those whom are behind this farce, to get to checkout to have it snatched from you is so painfull, I am quite with it but I do feel for those in our comunity whom will not be coping as well.
 

Vexed

Member
Joined
12 Jan 2020
Messages
679
Location
Herts / Hants
Looks to me like they've set up a Cloudflare Waiting Room in a rush (aka virtual queue) and see the max number of active sessions too high for the server, not really solving anything!
 

D7672

On Moderation
Joined
30 Jul 2022
Messages
117
Location
Newport
Finally got my ticket,earlier after the crash,you can be in a virtual waiting point,don't leave or refresh page.
This is the first time Derby works has opened to the public since 1957,so to those who attend,enjoy this once in a.lifetime event
 

Travelmonkey

Member
Joined
16 Aug 2023
Messages
773
Location
The Midlands
Unfortunately it failed for me on both methods...
It does beg the question how has it been allowed to go so spectacullary pair shaped, no word on Alstorm or Raiway 2oo accoints and we are nearly 3 hours in from the open of sale with only dribbs and drabs getting tickets,
 

Rail Quest

Member
Joined
8 Apr 2023
Messages
764
Location
Warrington
Waiting time just increased significantly for me, assuming they may have now lowered max sessions on the actual booking portal
 

Travelmonkey

Member
Joined
16 Aug 2023
Messages
773
Location
The Midlands
definatley oversaturated, I know sseveral have ggiven up trying but if this is how they ticket it I dread to think what gates open will be like, I hope Derbyshire constabulary are prepared for the fallout,
 

Ray303_265

Member
Joined
22 Oct 2018
Messages
64
Location
United Kingdom
Just been through to the ticket page again....crashed again......unless the Crewe APT has been resurrected and is making an appearance and they've just introduced Oasis-style dynamic ticketing/pricing.

Nightmare!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top