• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Allocation of VXC and VWC Voyager fleet

Status
Not open for further replies.

tcm1106

Member
Joined
4 Jan 2010
Messages
286
Location
UK
Back in the days when VXC were in existence, how were the 220/221s divided between the two?
Whilst the franchises were obviously self-contained, I seem to remember that Virgin seemed to treat it as one large operation and I'm wondering how the voyager fleet was allocated.
Equally did the 16-strong 57/3 thunderbird fleet ever get used for VXC purposes?

Thanks
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Back in the days when VXC were in existence, how were the 220/221s divided between the two?
Whilst the franchises were obviously self-contained, I seem to remember that Virgin seemed to treat it as one large operation and I'm wondering how the voyager fleet was allocated.
Equally did the 16-strong 57/3 thunderbird fleet ever get used for VXC purposes?

Thanks

No one?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ferret

Established Member
Joined
22 Jan 2009
Messages
4,131
Back in the days when VXC were in existence, how were the 220/221s divided between the two?
Whilst the franchises were obviously self-contained, I seem to remember that Virgin seemed to treat it as one large operation and I'm wondering how the voyager fleet was allocated.
Equally did the 16-strong 57/3 thunderbird fleet ever get used for VXC purposes?

Thanks
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---


No one?

The 57s used to be used by XC when there was bad weather on the sea wall at Dawlish. One used to head down to act as a Thunderbird just in case one was killed off by a wave!

 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top