• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

All Lines Rover - Buying in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soyyo

Member
Joined
16 Jul 2012
Messages
58
I expect that Rail Rovers will increase in price in January. I plan to do another 14 day rover next June. Does anyone know, please, whether I could buy the ticket in December at current fares dated for next June? Thanks in advance.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Trainfan344

Established Member
Joined
13 Oct 2012
Messages
2,305
I thought you could only buy tickets for up to 12 weeks in advance?
 

CyrusWuff

Established Member
Joined
20 May 2013
Messages
5,463
Location
London
The Manual says that walk-up tickets, including Rovers and Rangers, can be purchased up to a year in advance of travel.

The exception to this rule is London Day Travelcards, which can be issued 7 days in advance, or at the same time as an Advance ticket to London is purchased if earlier.
 

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
Joined
14 Apr 2008
Messages
8,837
AIUI, new fares go into the system four weeks before the fares change, so you'd have to buy it in early December (possibly November), but, in theory atleast, you can buy them a upto a year ahead of time.
 

simonm

Member
Joined
6 Aug 2011
Messages
115
I've bought from the FGW website before now more than 13 weeks in advance.
 

adamskiodp

Member
Joined
16 Sep 2011
Messages
223
Location
Buckinghamshire
Out of interest I've just tried to look at tickets for next July on FGW website and Red Spotted Hankey with no luck. Would walk up fares include an off peak return?

Regards,

Adam
 

maniacmartin

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Joined
15 May 2012
Messages
5,438
Location
Croydon
Even stranger, on Southern's website, it's letting me book until 31st January, then also anytime in October, November and December 2014. I think it just has a list of allowed months and allowed years, and pairs them incorrectly.
 

Soyyo

Member
Joined
16 Jul 2012
Messages
58
I just bought my 14 day ALR dated next June as suggested by simonm. It arrived today and is charged at the existing rate. Thanks to all who replied. Can't wait!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top