SickyNicky
Verified Rep - FastJP
Hi all - I'm long time lurker coming "out", so to speak.
I'm registered deaf and have a Disabled Persons Railcard. My partner and I are thinking about getting an All Line Rover for a weeks holiday sometime soon. I wonder if some of you experts could help with a few answers please?
Can we use the railcard discount on the rover for both of us? (normally my railcard lets me buy tickets for a companion as well). Are there any restrictions we need to be aware of?
If we want to use one (or more) of the sleeper trains, do we get the railcard discount on whatever supplement we have to pay?
If we miss a connection because one of our trains is late, and can't get home in the evening (we live in Hereford), do we just have to accept it and pay for an hotel, or will they find us a way home - I suppose this is especially important on the last day of validity? (I've seen loads of discussion on this around split ticketing, but not specifically around rovers).
Finally, I know this is subjective, but do you think it's worth paying the extra to go first class?
Thanks very much everyone.
I'm registered deaf and have a Disabled Persons Railcard. My partner and I are thinking about getting an All Line Rover for a weeks holiday sometime soon. I wonder if some of you experts could help with a few answers please?
Can we use the railcard discount on the rover for both of us? (normally my railcard lets me buy tickets for a companion as well). Are there any restrictions we need to be aware of?
If we want to use one (or more) of the sleeper trains, do we get the railcard discount on whatever supplement we have to pay?
If we miss a connection because one of our trains is late, and can't get home in the evening (we live in Hereford), do we just have to accept it and pay for an hotel, or will they find us a way home - I suppose this is especially important on the last day of validity? (I've seen loads of discussion on this around split ticketing, but not specifically around rovers).
Finally, I know this is subjective, but do you think it's worth paying the extra to go first class?
Thanks very much everyone.
Strange that FGW doesn't do free meals for first class when the others seem to, though.