• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

All Line Rover first week of July

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jan Mayen

Established Member
Joined
30 Sep 2020
Messages
1,360
Location
Sussex
Time for another week long rover.
Please can anyone advise is there any industrial action (local or national) announced for 1-7 July?
And any areas which should be avoided due to staff shortages/landslips/other disruption?
And is the Jacobite now running properly?

Many thanks
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Segedunum

Established Member
Associate Staff
International Transport
Joined
22 Dec 2013
Messages
4,754
Location
Up North
The main issue will be the Overtime Ban on Northern, particularly if you're travelling around the North West.

It's making things unpredictable at best but on Sundays some lines are seeing no service at all.
 

Jan Mayen

Established Member
Joined
30 Sep 2020
Messages
1,360
Location
Sussex
Many thanks.
I'm likely to travel from Leeds for the Keighley And Worth Vallwy. I've done that twice without any problems.
However, I'm also thinking of traveling along the Esk Valley line to visit the NYMR.- perhaps not such a good idea?
 

ServerHoster

Member
Joined
15 Jun 2019
Messages
242
Location
North West
Many thanks.
I'm likely to travel from Leeds for the Keighley And Worth Vallwy. I've done that twice without any problems.
However, I'm also thinking of traveling along the Esk Valley line to visit the NYMR.- perhaps not such a good idea?
I think you'll probably be fine. The West side of Northern (Manchester, Lancashire etc) and the East side (Yorkshire etc) have different staff contracts which means the East side is not affected much whereas the West side has been impacted a lot by the overtime ban.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top