I was looking at train fares and split ticketing possibilities and noticed by accident an advance ticket offered by Grand Central from London to York on Friday 25th July on the 1253 departure. Under ticket restrictions it states "only valid for persons aged over 60". Initially I had queried fares with my disabled railcard but when I removed the railcard discount the age restriction remained. The non discounted fare is £37.50
Is this an error or is it more hidden restrictions attached to other advance tickets? How is this restriction marked on tickets and more importantly is it enforced and how? I've tried to upload a screenshot of this but not sure if it will work. I just found this rather unusual as someone aged over 60 is most likely to have a senior railcard.
Is this an error or is it more hidden restrictions attached to other advance tickets? How is this restriction marked on tickets and more importantly is it enforced and how? I've tried to upload a screenshot of this but not sure if it will work. I just found this rather unusual as someone aged over 60 is most likely to have a senior railcard.