• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Advice please

Joined
16 Oct 2025
Messages
7
Location
Luton
Hi, I booked a train ticket on TrainPal a few days ago for Luton airport parkway to Worcester shrub hill with changes at Kettering, Leicester and Birmingham new street for Friday 9th October. Have completed this routing many times with no issues.
Just printed the tickets at the station on my way home from work tonight and the ticket shows Luton airport parkway to Worcester foregate street/ shrub hill via Oxford Parkway Only and has the correct booking ref and ticket number to what I booked online. The routing for my booking on the app still shows via Kettering and Leicester etc.

No one to speak too at nearly midnight at any stations, no one to call at train pal only email which I doubt will be read in time and I’m concerned I will be refused travel or fined on my EMR/Cross Country/West midlands trains routing. The restriction on the ticket is a W4 if that’s relevant info.

Any advice please?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

tumbledown

Member
Joined
5 Nov 2024
Messages
287
Location
UK
Looking at
it looks like only the cheaper Via Oxford Pkwy fares have restriction W4, so that is probably what you have been sold. Comparing the undiscounted price of the ticket in your hand with those tables may help too.
Of course if you have a record of the itinerary output at the time of purchase you officially can follow it.
 

CyrusWuff

Established Member
Joined
20 May 2013
Messages
5,486
Location
London
Not for the first time I question how TrainPal has passed accreditation with a basic failure like that, given the route doesn't go anywhere near Oxford Parkway.
 

Top