• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Advice please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Joined
27 Apr 2011
Messages
18,153
There's lots of information in this thread but if I'm understanding it correctly you were caught travelling with an out of date railcard when travelling with Greater Anglia. There are a couple of things to consider:

1. The journey where you were caught
From what's been said you paid a Penalty Fare costing £57.20. Greater Anglia can take no further action against you in respect of this journey.

2. Other journeys you've made with the expired railcard
Greater Anglia will audit your Trainline account and discover that you've travelled with invalid tickets since your railcard expired and will probably write to you about this. If you co-operate with them I expect thwy will offer you an out of court settlement. Expect to have to pay the cost of the fares at the full Anytime rate with no credit given for the invalid tickets you did purchase, plus an admin fee typically £150.

If Greater Angklia do contact you about other journeys then post a copy of their letter in this thread (do redact any personal details) along with your draft reply and we can assist with proof reading.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jane141516

Member
Joined
17 Dec 2024
Messages
16
Location
london
Thank you. I will 100% cooperate, I hope they will be able to offer a settlement out of court. I will pay all fees. It will be thousands probably, but it’s ok. I am in the wrong…
 

WesternLancer

Veteran Member
Joined
12 Apr 2019
Messages
15,313
It will be thousands probably, but it’s ok. I am in the wrong…
The tickets they can easily trace will be the ones they find on your on line account. You should check that account (or any online accounts you have for ticket buying) back for tickets bought since last January when your Railcard expired, and calculate the costs of new tickets at the Anytime Single fare for each journey. That will be the sort of sum they may ask you for if they do investigate this.

If you do your own calculation you can have that sum saved up in case they ask you to settle for those journeys. Just to be on the safe side.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top