• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Advice on leaving mobile on a train

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined
9 Mar 2009
Messages
305
Today i left my mobile on a First TPE train at Middlesbrough and it was found by the guard and taken to York.

I want to go and pick it up tomorrow but what time is there Lost place open on a Saturday please as im coming from Macclesfield to York and dont want to get there to find its closed.

Many thanks Guys.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Joined
16 Nov 2009
Messages
31,128
Location
Redcar
I saw that as well, but I don't think that's lost property, rather a facility for leaving luggage in the station.
 
Joined
21 Oct 2010
Messages
1,040
Location
Leeds
In Leeds and Kings X, left luggage and lost property are the same outlet but if its not the case at York then ignore my post
 

rail-britain

Established Member
Joined
12 Aug 2007
Messages
4,102
it was found by the guard and taken to York
Odd, but NR are showing that York Lost Property is at Newark North Gate
It is held at York for 48 hours, then moved there
I therefore suggest you contact 08457225333 before travelling to establish where it is

Both are open :
Monday - Friday
09:00 - 16:00

Newark North Gate hold Lost Property for three months
 

142094

Established Member
Joined
7 Nov 2009
Messages
8,789
Location
Newcastle
The Left Luggage is not the same as lost property, at least at York. It is run by a private company so they will not have the phone. As rail-britain says, all EC lost property goes to Newark after a certain time.
 
Joined
9 Mar 2009
Messages
305
Its not EC that has it its Transpennie express.

My wife has called them but she does not really understand what they said but she told me its at York but we dont know where to go at York or opening times for Saturday.

I had left it on a TPE Train and the guard took it back to York.

Im not at home so cant find out from the wife not thats she much help!!!!

I want and need to go to york sat to pick it up.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Edit to the Above

I have just got home and the wife has told me that yes its at york and she was told that we could pick it up between 7am-10pm sat and given this number 0845 0593610 was she says was Lost Property but im not sure i have to say.

She said that she kept asking him and thats what he kept telling her.

I dont know what to think now.
 

bengolding

Member
Joined
31 Aug 2008
Messages
700
Location
Wentworth, Surrey
Be warned that thee may well be a charge to collect it. I left my mobile on a Southampton Central-bound XC service when alighting at New Street. Whilst it did indeed end up at Southampton, since XC don't manage any stations SWT then decided to send it to Waterloo which was the only option given for collection. SWT charged me £10 to collect the phone and I was told taht this fee was industry practice amongst TOCs to cover admin costs.
 

Anvil1984

Established Member
Joined
28 Aug 2010
Messages
1,514
From the locked thread it seems you definately know the phone is at York, if so then it will be in the Customer Services Centre (or something like that) which is on the main concourse next to Hertz rent a car and the ladies toilets. As its not a private lost property place then there won't be a charge (I dont think East Coast have sunk to that yet)
 

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
Joined
14 Apr 2008
Messages
8,837
....As its not a private lost property place then there won't be a charge (I dont think East Coast have sunk to that yet)

Thameslink was charging for the return of Lost Property since before '98'. It wouldn't suprise me if other TOCs did too.
 

Anvil1984

Established Member
Joined
28 Aug 2010
Messages
1,514
Yeah I know other TOCs tend to, but I dont think there are any formal facilities to charge there as its not an actual lost property place just part of the station management centre as we know it. I'll ask the staff next time im on shift but i dont think they do at York
 
Joined
9 Mar 2009
Messages
305
Just a update

Went to York and picked it up and no cost as well so Thankyou for the Great staff of East Cost Trains for looking after it overnight for me.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top