• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Advice on inclusive Travelcards please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Green Janner

Member
Joined
16 Oct 2009
Messages
8
I intend travelling from Chippenham to London on Thursday 30th December, using an inclusive Travelcard (and yes, I am aware of the Reading blockade). Leaving CPM on the 07.55 Paddington and returning during the evening.

The FGW website gives me three options, two off-peak and one anytime. With the 30th being effectively a weekend, I have discounted the latter.

I have two questions:

(1) What's the difference between a 'Super Off Peak Day Travelcard' at £50.00 and a 'Travelcard Off-Peak' at £59.00?

(2) Can I return from Waterloo, changing at Bath Spa and, possibly, Salisbury?

Many thanks
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

RJ

Established Member
Joined
25 Jun 2005
Messages
8,828
Location
Back office
I intend travelling from Chippenham to London on Thursday 30th December, using an inclusive Travelcard (and yes, I am aware of the Reading blockade). Leaving CPM on the 07.55 Paddington and returning during the evening.

The FGW website gives me three options, two off-peak and one anytime. With the 30th being effectively a weekend, I have discounted the latter.

I have two questions:

(1) What's the difference between a 'Super Off Peak Day Travelcard' at £50.00 and a 'Travelcard Off-Peak' at £59.00?

(2) Can I return from Waterloo, changing at Bath Spa and, possibly, Salisbury?

Many thanks

(1) No difference on Saturdays and Sundays.

(2) Yes.
 

LexyBoy

Established Member
Joined
23 Jan 2009
Messages
4,478
Location
North of the rivers
(1) What's the difference between a 'Super Off Peak Day Travelcard' at £50.00 and a 'Travelcard Off-Peak' at £59.00?

£9 :lol:

The Super Off Peak ticket is more restricted than the Off Peak during the week, but valid all day on the 30th. Not sure why only the Super Off Peak one includes the word 'Day' though (since both are only valid one day).

FGW are running trains from Waterloo which would involve a change at either Bath or Westbury and Bath. Journey planners will tell you to change at Basingstoke as well, this is because the FGW train is overtaken between Waterloo and Basingstoke. As RJ stated, both tickets are valid on this route and via Salisbury (and valid for break of journey at any of these points).
 

bnm

Established Member
Joined
12 Oct 2009
Messages
4,992
Should you not wish to return from Waterloo then you can save on the Super Off Peak Day Travelcard price of £50 by splitting your fare at Oxford.

Chippenham - Oxford Off Peak Day Return £12.80
Oxford to Zones 1-6 Off Peak Travelcard £23.00
Total £35.80

All Chippenham - Paddington (and vice versa) services will be calling at Oxford during the reading blockade, so fine to split there.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top