Hello folks, I’d love some advice please. I’m here on behalf of my daughter who received a Govia Thameslink prosecution letter after not having a valid ticket for her journey from Cambridge to Finsbury Park. She tried to buy a ticket once the inspector showed up, but the train had already departed. She has no excuse and got through the barriers by purchasing a cheaper ticket on another train route. I’ve had a look around the forum and drafted a reply based on other recommendations. I’m wondering if they investigate previous travel history when looking at these cases? Does this letter invite suspicion that other fares may have been dodged/short-fared? Is the response ok? Thanks in advance!
Thank you for the opportunity to respond to your letter dated 20thSeptember, reference xxxxxxxxxx.
I would like to sincerely apologise for boarding the train at Cambridge without a valid ticket for my journey and I am ashamed to say that I have no excuse for this.
A Revenue Protection Inspector rightly informed me that the ticket I bought once on board was not valid as the train had already departed.
In hindsight I realise that my decision was short sighted and unethical and that fare evasion is a huge disservice to train companies, rail staff and fellow passengers.
I greatly appreciate travelling on our railway services and see this as a valuable lesson to ensure that I always purchase a ticket prior to departure.
I would like to ask if Govia Thameslink Railways would kindly consider settling this matter without the need for court action? I am willing to pay the valid train fare and any associated admin costs I have created.
I am truly sorry for my actions and would like to assure you that this will not happen again.
Thank you for the opportunity to respond to your letter dated 20thSeptember, reference xxxxxxxxxx.
I would like to sincerely apologise for boarding the train at Cambridge without a valid ticket for my journey and I am ashamed to say that I have no excuse for this.
A Revenue Protection Inspector rightly informed me that the ticket I bought once on board was not valid as the train had already departed.
In hindsight I realise that my decision was short sighted and unethical and that fare evasion is a huge disservice to train companies, rail staff and fellow passengers.
I greatly appreciate travelling on our railway services and see this as a valuable lesson to ensure that I always purchase a ticket prior to departure.
I would like to ask if Govia Thameslink Railways would kindly consider settling this matter without the need for court action? I am willing to pay the valid train fare and any associated admin costs I have created.
I am truly sorry for my actions and would like to assure you that this will not happen again.