• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Advice Needed for Journey on Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.

geoffb

New Member
Joined
28 Nov 2016
Messages
2
Hi

I sent the following message to the email help line on GWR, but the reply suggested it would take up to 3 weeks to receive an answer. I waited interminably on their answerphone before giving up. Can anyone advise? Thanks.

'Hi

I would like to travel from Taunton to Cardiff with a return on the same day on Saturday 3rd December. However on the return I would like to spend the evening in Bristol (where I have to change trains on each journey ) and return on a later train, though the same day.

Is this possible for the price of a conventional return journey price?

For example, but a return journey from Taunton, travel to Bristol, change for Cardiff, return later from Cardiff to Bristol, spend several hours in the evening in Bristol and catch late train to Taunton from Bristol.

Thanks '
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Joined
27 Apr 2011
Messages
18,153
Welcome to the forum.

Be aware that your ticket might not work the barriers at Bristol Temple Meads and you'll need to be let through manually. Some poorly trained staff might claim you can't break your journey but they are incorrect - it's perfectly valid with your proposed ticket.
 

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Joined
7 Apr 2010
Messages
34,307
Please let us know what their answer is if you ever get one. It's not unusual for some help sources to actually give the wrong answer...
 

planetf1

Member
Joined
14 Jan 2014
Messages
91
I've found national rail enquiries to be moderately good in confirming... And tend to reply within the day or quicker


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top