• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Adrian Curtis & The Western Chronicles Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maybach

Member
Joined
31 Dec 2018
Messages
147
I was saddened to hear of the sudden and unexpected death of writer Adrian Curtis just before Christmas. Adrian was an acknowledged expert on the WR’s diesel-hydraulics in general and on the Class 52 ‘Westerns’ in particular.

Through his own publishing company, Track Record Press, Adrian had embarked on an ambitious project to produce a book on each of the 74 ‘Western’ locomotives.

Those that have been published so far are wonderful little volumes – I’ve got several myself! Given that Track Record Press is very much a one-man show, it’s unclear what the future now holds.

Indeed, the TRP website hasn’t been updated since autumn 2021 and, although it lists a full publication schedule for 2022, it must be doubtful as to how many of these titles (if any) will now see the light of day.

Adrian was a founder member of the Western Locomotive Research Society, so it’s possible that someone else might take this task on or, at least, complete those books already in production.

Has anyone heard anything?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Magdalia

Established Member
Joined
1 Jan 2022
Messages
7,402
Location
The Fens
There was an article in the "Cambridge Independent" about Adrian Curtis a few weeks ago. He was a career journalist and had been working for the "Cambridge Independent" until fairly recently. I did keep a copy of the article but passed it on to a friend last week, so I can't say which issue.
 

Forty29

Member
Joined
10 Dec 2021
Messages
812
Location
Bicester
Sorry to hear of his passing. I have read his book Cast of Thousands countless times and was thinking about reading it again earlier today. Brings back many happy memories of my school years train spotting and my friend Steve who l am still in contact with today. RIP.
 

Magdalia

Established Member
Joined
1 Jan 2022
Messages
7,402
Location
The Fens
There was an article in the "Cambridge Independent" about Adrian Curtis a few weeks ago. He was a career journalist and had been working for the "Cambridge Independent" until fairly recently. I did keep a copy of the article but passed it on to a friend last week, so I can't say which issue.
"Cambridge Independent" 15-21 December 2021.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top