• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Adding daily travelcards to Oyster card

Status
Not open for further replies.

HA25322

Member
Joined
18 Aug 2014
Messages
350
Location
The Moon
So I will try to explain. Last year I brought a week zone 1-6 travelcard on an Oystercard. Cost about £60 if I remember correctly?
Since then I have obviously not used the card as I only used it for that week.
The question I have now is if I wanted to add just an ad-hoc daily travelcard
is it
a) possible?
b) do you just go up to the machines and it will do it for you?

I have tried online but no joy.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Cheers
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Joined
15 Jun 2010
Messages
8,582
Location
Crayford
So I will try to explain. Last year I brought a week zone 1-6 travelcard on an Oystercard. Cost about £60 if I remember correctly?
Since then I have obviously not used the card as I only used it for that week.
The question I have now is if I wanted to add just an ad-hoc daily travelcard
is it
a) possible?
b) do you just go up to the machines and it will do it for you?

I have tried online but no joy.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Cheers
You can't add a daily travelcard to an Oyster. You add PAYG credit and it deducts money for each journey until you reach the appropriate cap. The cap is never more (usually less) than the equivalent day travelcard.
 

HA25322

Member
Joined
18 Aug 2014
Messages
350
Location
The Moon
Thanks for the quick reply. I thought that would be the answer. Just when you are on the bash going from say Waterloo - Wimbledon and you get off at Vauxhall, CLJ, etc you don't want to keep going to touch in and out. Just having the 7 day travelcard on the oyster made it so much easier but when you only need a couple of days here and there......
Thanks again.
 

Kite159

Veteran Member
Joined
27 Jan 2014
Messages
22,844
Location
West of Andover
If on a bash like you are suggesting it will probably be better to get a paper travelcard to avoid hitting any maximum journey times
 

Great_Western

Member
Joined
18 May 2016
Messages
204
I visit London fairly frequently, and gave up on oyster quite a while ago. Paper travelcards are far more convinent, esspecially if you have a railcard. Even though certain gatelines dont like them, most annoyingly Enfield Town and then Liverpool Street<(
 

HA25322

Member
Joined
18 Aug 2014
Messages
350
Location
The Moon
I visit London fairly frequently, and gave up on oyster quite a while ago. Paper travelcards are far more convinent, esspecially if you have a railcard. Even though certain gatelines dont like them, most annoyingly Enfield Town and then Liverpool Street<(

That's what I thought. Being a basher it appears that the oyster is not really the way forward. Thanks for the answers everyone.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top