It's almost 187 years to the day since the first passenger in the world died on the railway!
I had a short drive down to Parkside Junction near Loston to try to get good shots of the Huskisson Memorial (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Huskisson)
I didn't realise that there is very poor access to see it. The memorial is within the railway boundary and is actually extremely close to the line.
From the railway, you go past that quick, it's barely noticeable.
From the road, a footpath goes around the back of the memorial.
On the other side of the line is a farmers field with no clear public vantage point opposite the memorial.
I thought there may be a bit more of a dedicated vantage point/access for the memorial than this.
Feel free to discuss.
I had a short drive down to Parkside Junction near Loston to try to get good shots of the Huskisson Memorial (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Huskisson)
I didn't realise that there is very poor access to see it. The memorial is within the railway boundary and is actually extremely close to the line.
From the railway, you go past that quick, it's barely noticeable.
From the road, a footpath goes around the back of the memorial.
On the other side of the line is a farmers field with no clear public vantage point opposite the memorial.
I thought there may be a bit more of a dedicated vantage point/access for the memorial than this.
Feel free to discuss.