matt_world2004
Established Member
- Joined
- 5 Nov 2014
- Messages
- 4,581
The western branch of crossrail will have fast services; Hanwell will be served by 4 tph and Hayes and Harlington 10 tph
I would imagine that capacity problems at Lewisham could be somewhat eased simply by running more of the Blackheath services to Cannon Street, and more of the Ladywell/Hither Green services to Charing Cross or Victoria - thus avoiding having so many trains cross each others' paths.
Could I point out that, to my knowledge, LOROL does not work the Hertford East branch.
I'm no expert on these matters but my impression is that, were TfL to take control of Southern/Southeastern services they would permit the 'London Elderly' to travel, without restriction, in peak hours. There was also some suggestion that this would be extended to children too, but I'm unfamiliar with the detail. If this is the case the immediate effect of a transfer would be additional passengers on already heavily loaded services.
Perhaps someone with greater knowledge of these matters would like to comment?
Not quite. The Met runs fast between Baker Street and Wembley Park, and the Picc runs express between Acton Town and Earls Court.
(and some of the Liverpool St services are express from Bethnal Green to Hackney, IIRC)
I would imagine that capacity problems at Lewisham could be somewhat eased simply by running more of the Blackheath services to Cannon Street, and more of the Ladywell/Hither Green services to Charing Cross or Victoria - thus avoiding having so many trains cross each others' paths.
That's exactly how I see it panning out. It is dead easy for TfL and their various cheerleaders to suggest frequency improvements, but the Central and Southeastern areas of the old Southern Region (unlike the Southwestern division) have always provided this ability for direct travel to a choice of two or more terminals, and if that is what people prefer, then TfL's aims will have to be forced through after consultation tells them people don't want higher frequencies to a single terminus.
That's before you consider infrastructure changes needed which NR will take 15 to 20 years to process...