• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

About to do my part 1 LM assessment any last minute tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

redbutton

Member
Joined
5 Sep 2013
Messages
461
Make sure you are absolutely clear on the instructions for each test before you begin. Ask as many questions as you need to in order to understand what you're about to do. Don't compare yourself to the others in your group, since the tests are graded on a combination of speed and accuracy. Other people will power through and answer more questions than you, but that doesn't mean they were correct answers.

The night before, collect all the documents you need to bring, plan out what you're going to wear, and plan your route to get to the test centre 15 minutes early. That way, the morning of your assessment will be stress-free. Make sure you eat something, even if you don't normally eat breakfast.

Finally, good luck on your tests!
 

Kukua

Member
Joined
8 Jun 2013
Messages
109
Make sure you are absolutely clear on the instructions for each test before you begin. Ask as many questions as you need to in order to understand what you're about to do. Don't compare yourself to the others in your group, since the tests are graded on a combination of speed and accuracy. Other people will power through and answer more questions than you, but that doesn't mean they were correct answers.

The night before, collect all the documents you need to bring, plan out what you're going to wear, and plan your route to get to the test centre 15 minutes early. That way, the morning of your assessment will be stress-free. Make sure you eat something, even if you don't normally eat breakfast.

Finally, good luck on your tests!

thank you, that is very encouraging and helpful.
 

SPADTrap

Established Member
Joined
15 Oct 2012
Messages
2,355
The London Midland assessment team are so friendly and helpful when it comes to making sure everyone is happy and all questions are answered before the tests begin. The room itself where you take the tests is by the driving simulators and very comfortable and well lit, was a nice environment! I'm sure Sheila did my tests and she was very reassuring. Test themselves are done back to back with toilet breaks in between every 2 tests if needed. The TEA-Occ is one to watch out for, done in 3 stages you'd think it would build up in difficulty but IMO the hardest part is part 1

Best of luck

Sam.
 

Kukua

Member
Joined
8 Jun 2013
Messages
109
The London Midland assessment team are so friendly and helpful when it comes to making sure everyone is happy and all questions are answered before the tests begin. The room itself where you take the tests is by the driving simulators and very comfortable and well lit, was a nice environment! I'm sure Sheila did my tests and she was very reassuring. Test themselves are done back to back with toilet breaks in between every 2 tests if needed. The TEA-Occ is one to watch out for, done in 3 stages you'd think it would build up in difficulty but IMO the hardest part is part 1

Best of luck

Sam.

Yhh your right they were very friendly, im quite confident about the results. Do you know what tests are next? Have you got your results yet?
 

SPADTrap

Established Member
Joined
15 Oct 2012
Messages
2,355
Next will be the Manager's interview. After that the WAFV, ATAVT, 2 Hand Coordination and WCT. If they go well then the SJE and MMI. Acronym overload! Lol. Best of luck. I found out about 2 weeks after that I'd passed! :)
 

Kukua

Member
Joined
8 Jun 2013
Messages
109
Next will be the Manager's interview. After that the WAFV, ATAVT, 2 Hand Coordination and WCT. If they go well then the SJE and MMI. Acronym overload! Lol. Best of luck. I found out about 2 weeks after that I'd passed! :)

Omggg so basically we have another year before anything comes up lool
 

monty9120

Member
Joined
10 Jan 2012
Messages
125
ive been waiting a year and a half. passed all the tests and the interview. still waiting
 

DunfordBridge

Member
Joined
13 Apr 2013
Messages
600
Location
Scarborough
The London Midland assessment team are so friendly and helpful when it comes to making sure everyone is happy and all questions are answered before the tests begin.
....
The TEA-Occ is one to watch out for, done in 3 stages you'd think it would build up in difficulty but IMO the hardest part is part 1

Best of luck

Sam.

I expect that counting the low tones in part 1 is not easy as it seems. Probably a good thing that in the end they did not choose to implement that part of the TEA-Occ test where you also have to count the high tones as was suggested in an earlier document from the RSSB.

Still, it is only a short exercise so it should be quite easy to practice if you can improvise.
 

redbutton

Member
Joined
5 Sep 2013
Messages
461
Yes, counting the low tones was rather difficult. I did it using my fingers on the desk (making sure to be silent), but in a couple of places the tones are very rapid so it's easy to lose track.
 

andylee7

Member
Joined
25 Jun 2012
Messages
25
I was the one at the front and I only had to do the one test and then I was told I could go and which one was you ?
 

Kukua

Member
Joined
8 Jun 2013
Messages
109
I was the one at the front and I only had to do the one test and then I was told I could go and which one was you ?

I am the black girl, but i stayed the whole length of the assesment. Congratulations!!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top