• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

About SZ Stadler FLIRT/KISS order

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephen Lee

On Moderation
Joined
7 Jul 2019
Messages
682
Knowing that ŠZ had ordered KISS and Flirt with the latter in both DE/Electric variant, assume they are gonna replace the old DMUs/EMUs, and the Electric Flirts are suited for operation to Austria
1f1e6_1f1f9.png
and Croatia
1f1ed_1f1f7.png
so I wonder which route the
1. DE Flirt
2. Electric Flirt
3. KISS
will first serve once enter service
And if the Electric Flirts may replace loco haul trains between
1f1e6_1f1f9.png
/
1f1ed_1f1f7.png
and
1f1f8_1f1ee.png
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Richard Scott

Established Member
Associate Staff
International Transport
Railtours & Preservation
Joined
13 Dec 2018
Messages
4,583
Oh well, that'll be another country off the list of places worth visiting!
 

Stephen Lee

On Moderation
Joined
7 Jul 2019
Messages
682
Knowing that ŠZ had ordered KISS and Flirt with the latter in both DE/Electric variant, assume they are gonna replace the old DMUs/EMUs, and the Electric Flirts are suited for operation to Austria
1f1e6_1f1f9.png
and Croatia
1f1ed_1f1f7.png
so I wonder which route the
1. DE Flirt
2. Electric Flirt
3. KISS
will first serve once enter service
And if the Electric Flirts may replace loco haul trains between
1f1e6_1f1f9.png
/
1f1ed_1f1f7.png
and
1f1f8_1f1ee.png
Anyone have ideas?
 

Stephen Lee

On Moderation
Joined
7 Jul 2019
Messages
682
I heard that the 713/15-1s will also be withdrawn after the new fleet enter service, is it true???
Graz-Maribor-Ljubljana-Trieste/Udine would seem the obvious one.
Villach-Ljubljana-Zagreb another.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Graz-Maribor-Ljubljana-Trieste/Udine would seem the obvious one.
Villach-Ljubljana-Zagreb another.
Villach-Ljubljana-Zagreb
EC 212/213 Mimara

D(ÖBB)/ EC (SŽ)/ B(HŽPP) 210/211 Sava​

D (ÖBB) / MV (SŽ) 314/315​

what about Graz-Maribor-Ljubljana-Trieste/Udine
 
Last edited:

HamworthyGoods

Established Member
Joined
15 Jan 2019
Messages
4,483
I heard that the 713/15-1s will also be withdrawn after the new fleet enter service, is it true???


== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==


Villach-Ljubljana-Zagreb
EC 212/213 Mimara

D(ÖBB)/ EC (SŽ)/ B(HŽPP) 210/211 Sava​

D (ÖBB) / MV (SŽ) 314/315​

what about Graz-Maribor-Ljubljana-Trieste/Udine
EC212/213 unlikely to change from its current formation as it is detached from a Frankfurt to Kalgenfurt service at Villach.
 

Austriantrain

Established Member
Joined
13 Aug 2018
Messages
1,809
what about the others and you mentioned about Graz-Maribor-Ljubljana-Trieste/Udine...............

As far as I understand it, the FLIRTs are for regional services, so it is unlikely long-distance services will be changed over.

Some Graz - Maribor services might be a possibility I guess, as well as other cross-border regional services.
 

43096

On Moderation
Joined
23 Nov 2015
Messages
18,861
The only services ATM are through from Vienna, can't see those changing.
I think I read somewhere that Zidani Most-Maribor-Spielfeld Strass is being/has been upgraded to take heavier vehicles and that this now allows SZ 541s up there. More likely, then, that the through service from Vienna will at some point go over to SZ 541 or ÖBB 1216.1 throughout; though I note that the through service from Vienna (EC150/151) is currently booked for a GySEV Taurus to Spielfeld-Strass.
 

30907

Veteran Member
Joined
30 Sep 2012
Messages
21,973
Location
Airedale
I think I read somewhere that Zidani Most-Maribor-Spielfeld Strass is being/has been upgraded to take heavier vehicles and that this now allows SZ 541s up there. More likely, then, that the through service from Vienna will at some point go over to SZ 541 or ÖBB 1216.1 throughout; though I note that the through service from Vienna (EC150/151) is currently booked for a GySEV Taurus to Spielfeld-Strass.
And the Zagreb train gets a 1116 - both being booked for 1144 last year. The Taurus may be hired in, or there may be some distance equalisation involved (MAV locos do/did internal Austrian duties for this reason).
 

43096

On Moderation
Joined
23 Nov 2015
Messages
18,861
The Taurus may be hired in, or there may be some distance equalisation involved (MAV locos do/did internal Austrian duties for this reason).
I suspect the distance equalisation. They have to be careful where they use the MAV and GySEV locos as I don't think they have LZB fitted, so the choice of route is restricted (any diagram involving the Westbahn is out), which is why the MAV locos are used out of Wien FJB. The MAV locos used to have some extensive turns deep into Austria - I've had them on Innsbruck/Wörgl to Salzburg regional express workings, for example: all diagrammed, too!
 
Last edited:

Wolfie

Established Member
Joined
17 Aug 2010
Messages
7,436
There’s still plenty of old stuff in Slovenia for now
Strangely enough the Slovene authorities are probably more interested in providing a decent rail service to the population than spotting opportunities for foreign enthusiasts.
 

Stephen Lee

On Moderation
Joined
7 Jul 2019
Messages
682
I think I read somewhere that Zidani Most-Maribor-Spielfeld Strass is being/has been upgraded to take heavier vehicles and that this now allows SZ 541s up there. More likely, then, that the through service from Vienna will at some point go over to SZ 541 or ÖBB 1216.1 throughout; though I note that the through service from Vienna (EC150/151) is currently booked for a GySEV Taurus to Spielfeld-Strass.

As far as I understand it, the FLIRTs are for regional services, so it is unlikely long-distance services will be changed over.

Some Graz - Maribor services might be a possibility I guess, as well as other cross-border regional services.
What about Villach - Jesenice - Ljubljana?
 

Austriantrain

Established Member
Joined
13 Aug 2018
Messages
1,809
What about Villach - Jesenice - Ljubljana?

The Austrian plans post-Koralm and Semmering tunnel include a two-hourly service there, but coming from Munich or from Vienna (possibly alternating). So definitively long-distance sets (Railjet, DB, SZ).

Of course, this could change and Slovenia might have different ideas.
 

185

On Moderation
Joined
29 Aug 2010
Messages
5,709
About 20 years ago, I visited SZ for the first time, expecting a collection of square wheeled USSR flintstones trains....

First train, from Maribor... brand new Pendolino. Spent the night in Ljubljana.

Second train, their daily Venice service.... another brand new Pendolino.
 

superalbs

Verified Rep - Superalbs Travels
Joined
3 Jul 2014
Messages
2,857
Location
Kraków
About 20 years ago, I visited SZ for the first time, expecting a collection of square wheeled USSR flintstones trains....

First train, from Maribor... brand new Pendolino. Spent the night in Ljubljana.

Second train, their daily Venice service.... another brand new Pendolino.
They have a fleet of 3x three car non-tilt Pendolinos, with somewhat strange interiors. Quite cool!
 

Austriantrain

Established Member
Joined
13 Aug 2018
Messages
1,809
They have a fleet of 3x three car non-tilt Pendolinos, with somewhat strange interiors. Quite cool!

They do tilt. At least they used to, maybe they had to turn it off, but tilt was the entire point of buying them, since the Ljubljana - Maribor main line is not very straight at all.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top