• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Aberdeen

Status
Not open for further replies.

142094

Established Member
Joined
7 Nov 2009
Messages
8,789
Location
Newcastle
I'm up in Aberdeen early in the New Year, looking for somewhere good to eat and have a pint. Any reccommendations?

I'm getting there early afternoon so might have a few hours to look around if there is anything interesting apart from the railway station.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

156450

Member
Joined
27 Jun 2011
Messages
46
Location
Glasgow
There's a couple of wetherspoon's within walking distance of the station. I believe they are on union street. Basically leave the station , up the stairs , turn right and its about a 10/15 minute walk , located on the corner opposite some square (its been a couple of years since i was up there). Hope that helps.
 

Furrball

Member
Joined
9 May 2011
Messages
601
Would recommend that you pay Brewdog a visit. Not been to the Aberdeen one yet (soon to be corrected) but have been to Edinburgh one and thoroughly enjoying the new bar in Camden.

The Christmas Porter is rather nice!
 

142094

Established Member
Joined
7 Nov 2009
Messages
8,789
Location
Newcastle
Excellent idea about BrewDog - not sure why I didn't think of that!

Good news is that they are supposed to be opening a pub in Newcastle soon, although this trip gives me an excuse to have a look up north.
 

142094

Established Member
Joined
7 Nov 2009
Messages
8,789
Location
Newcastle
Bring a big coat. It's freezing in Aberdeen.

Luckily I bought a new one yesterday - so that will be getting good use up in Aberdeen. Promised myself that I'll try and record all mileage next year, so this trip will make a fair few hundred miles for the total.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top