• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Aberdeen - Penzance direct service not running in current timetable

Status
Not open for further replies.

trainophile

Established Member
Joined
28 Oct 2010
Messages
6,990
Location
Wherever I lay my hat
Thanks again, and hope you’re enjoying your trip yorkie, not jealous much!

It wasn’t actually for me - I don’t think I could stick 13+ hours without losing the will to live. A friend in Newcastle was commenting that she would like to go all the way to Cornwall sometime and I idly started looking it up and found the oddity!
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

johnr57

Member
Joined
29 Mar 2013
Messages
271
It's quicker to change twice.

The TPE website will sell a ticket from Aberdeen to Penzance for £252.25, it does state the journey is to Penzance and gives the correct arrival time.

However when you click on the timetable, a bug occurs and it shows the train terminating at Truro, but at the time it arrives into Penzance. When you click on the details, it shows St Austell as the penultimate station with an apparent journey time from there to Truro of 58mins.

I found the bug also occurs on its sister website for Hull Trains, which is made by the same company.

The Worldline WebTIS sites are absolutely riddled with bugs, so I am surprised anyone here uses them (well, except to get cheaper fares as a result of the 'interesting' bugs which cause major loopholes for those who know how to find them!)

Also, surely no member of this forum would willingly pay such high fares, when cheaper 'split ticketing' sites are available?!

Also you'd have to pay me to take that train on a Voyager. For less than the cost of that insanely priced train, I am currently in the process of travelling from York to Nice to Milan to Venice to Prague to London to York.

But it's your choice! ;):lol:

Off topic but @yorkie the itinerary for your trip would be more interesting than the mundane ABD - PNZ!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top