http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2011/oct/04/dutch-firm-frontrunner-for-olympic-rail-route
What is says on the tin.
What is says on the tin.
Abellio is formerly Ned Rail
Waffle story :roll:
I think London Eastern would also have been a much better name than "one" that London Eastern Railway Ltd used. Was it ever planned to use this name? The TfL journey planners back in 2004 referred to the TOC as London Eastern for some time even though this branding was never used.i wish they'd kept the name NedRailways. Think of the fun people could have with that.
) I really do hope they have got the franchise and I will be quiet happy to offer my skills(Back in 2005 it seemed to have been known that First had won the Greater Western franchise some time before the actual announcement.The winning bidder is advised two weeks before the public DfT announcement (they are waiting for all the party political annual meetings to be over). It is "assumed" that Abellio were advised at 10am Monday 03 October. Abellio have a mobilization team in place and they are now (it seems) running around getting things in motion.

Albellio may be slightly unhappy here.
I believe they REALLY wanted the IWC franchise more than any other, with the regional franchises kept as backups.
I can't see them getting IWC if they have the London Eastern.....
Still, another free TOC on my Albellio pass![]()
I can't see them getting IWC if they have the London Eastern.....
Still, another free TOC on my Albellio pass![]()
IWC? Oh, Intercity West Coast, I presume. I was thinking Isle of Wight Central.
What's the difference between them having London Eastern and ICWC, and Stagecoach already having SWT, EMT and half of ICWC?
DLR is not a rail franchise so would not likley be considered any more than Stagecoach running the tram in Sheffield would be. There also wouldn't be any reduction in competition if West Coast and Anglia were run by the same company. It's possible that First will retain Greater Western and win East Coast and I don't think anything would be done to prevent this.Merseyrail, Northern, Eastern, DLR....
4 operations is possible excessive, add IWC and 5 franchises is a bit high I think.
Too be honest, I can never see Virgin losing the West Coast unless something very bad happens.
Admittedly they're fighting tooth and claw, I was speaking to someone last week about possible bid details from VRG. Their sneaky press tactics about how they're now paying large sums back to the Treasury is just the beginning of wowing the media - again.
Abellio did have plans to keep the 90/DVTs but reduced to 10 sets. Current in house maintainence may also be contracted out to Bombardier.
The current weekday loco-hauled diagrams require 11 sets of stock so would the reduction be achieved by a new timetable or greater EMU use?
Contracting maintenance out to Bombardier would give the politicians an opportunity for (erroneous) spin!
So many rumours doing the rounds on here & within the company. There are currently 12 sets so with maintainence there is no way a full half hourly service can be operated with 9 sets in traffic unless turnaround times are reduced to say 20-25 minutes by for example departing Norwich at xx.15/xx.45. This will then impact on punctuallity & throw step-ups out of the window.
They like sailing close to the wind with the media stuff - presumably they are just doing it while they can; because isn't there supposed to be an embargo once the formal tender responses go in?