• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Abandoned railway stock, Reading (East)

Status
Not open for further replies.

317362

Member
Joined
7 Sep 2017
Messages
356
Does anyone know what the trucks/vans that are in the undergrowth East of Reading station in all the undergrowth north of GWML between there and Napier Road Tesco's are?

I thought it/they had gone a few years ago but it/they have resurfaced.

Will try and get a pic but that might not be for several months...
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

FGW_DID

Established Member
Joined
23 Jun 2011
Messages
3,035
Location
81D & 81E
Does anyone know what the trucks/vans that are in the undergrowth East of Reading station in all the undergrowth north of GWML between there and Napier Road Tesco's are?

I thought it/they had gone a few years ago but it/they have resurfaced.

Will try and get a pic but that might not be for several months...

I've just had a look on Google maps, is this what you mean?


upload_2020-3-29_20-12-42.png
 

317362

Member
Joined
7 Sep 2017
Messages
356
I think so, yes, they are very hard to even give an approximate 'bit like' type category to.
 

spw24

Member
Joined
13 Feb 2011
Messages
234
Location
bristol
From preserved railway list.

Napier Road, Reading. SU 72632 73826 Viewable From Road


9a - Pre Group Wagons


GWR V6 10t 4w Ventilated Steel Steel Ends Cupboard Door Iron SDN 1900c Std K/rst b/o-(Un)

Goods Van Mink

9b - Pre Nat Wagons

GWR V6 10t 4w Ventilated Steel Steel Ends Cupboard Door Iron SDN 1900c Std K/rst b/o-(Un)

Goods Van Mink

GWR V6 10t 4w Ventilated Steel Steel Ends Cupboard Door Iron SDN 1900c Std K/rst b/o-(Un)

Goods Van Mink
 

317362

Member
Joined
7 Sep 2017
Messages
356
Amazing, thanks all. Older than I could have imagined...what survivors!
 

reddragon

Established Member
Joined
24 Mar 2016
Messages
3,274
Location
Churn (closed)
I've seen those wagons down there for years, never thought they'd be abandoned wagons on the old sidings!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top