Tim R-T-C
Established Member
- Joined
- 23 May 2011
- Messages
- 2,143
A fun Saturday spent riding along the ELR on 60007, 60009 and various house locomotives including the beautifully turned out Crab.
Only disappointment was that I missed the final double-headed A4s, it was too dark, I didn't have a tripod or remote release with me and after waiting for an hour, decided to head home. I have seen a picture, but does anyone know what time it eventually came through?
I must say, I was amazed how many people seemed to struggle with taking photographs at galas though. Given their £5000 cameras and enormous lenses I thought people would be a little more used to taking pictures, but I don't recall the yelling abuse at everyone, muttering endlessly at the presence of other people on a station platform and pushing your way through queues to be first to the front stage when I was learning... But I guess photography isn't easy for everyone and hey, they seemed to struggle enough to bathe so you can't really blame them for finding taking pictures of stationary engines hard to do
Full gallery here - https://www.flickr.com/photos/r-t-c/sets/72157646550269933
A few highlights:
60007 at Ramsbottom station on a morning run by Tim R-T-C, on Flickr
13065 awaits a road out of Bolton Street by Tim R-T-C, on Flickr
60009 popular with the attendees at the gala by Tim R-T-C, on Flickr
13065 on its Gala return at Rawtenstall by Tim R-T-C, on Flickr
The Great Marquess arrives at Summerseat by Tim R-T-C, on Flickr
LNER veterans 60007 & 61994 at Ramsbottom by Tim R-T-C, on Flickr
80080 runs the mail train into Ramsbottom by Tim R-T-C, on Flickr
Ramsbottom station by night. by Tim R-T-C, on Flickr
Only disappointment was that I missed the final double-headed A4s, it was too dark, I didn't have a tripod or remote release with me and after waiting for an hour, decided to head home. I have seen a picture, but does anyone know what time it eventually came through?
I must say, I was amazed how many people seemed to struggle with taking photographs at galas though. Given their £5000 cameras and enormous lenses I thought people would be a little more used to taking pictures, but I don't recall the yelling abuse at everyone, muttering endlessly at the presence of other people on a station platform and pushing your way through queues to be first to the front stage when I was learning... But I guess photography isn't easy for everyone and hey, they seemed to struggle enough to bathe so you can't really blame them for finding taking pictures of stationary engines hard to do
Full gallery here - https://www.flickr.com/photos/r-t-c/sets/72157646550269933
A few highlights:
60007 at Ramsbottom station on a morning run by Tim R-T-C, on Flickr
13065 awaits a road out of Bolton Street by Tim R-T-C, on Flickr
60009 popular with the attendees at the gala by Tim R-T-C, on Flickr
13065 on its Gala return at Rawtenstall by Tim R-T-C, on Flickr
The Great Marquess arrives at Summerseat by Tim R-T-C, on Flickr
LNER veterans 60007 & 61994 at Ramsbottom by Tim R-T-C, on Flickr
80080 runs the mail train into Ramsbottom by Tim R-T-C, on Flickr
Ramsbottom station by night. by Tim R-T-C, on Flickr
Last edited: